 Castle / 19444
Re: StudWars presents : .castle vs. .space !!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 15:50:56 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Paul Baulch wrote:
Then the fantasy nerds got their best series of fantasy novels made into the
best movie trilogy in history. No comparison really. {*shrug*}

I wouldn't describe LOTR as the best trilogy in history.  Not even second.  To
me, the original SW trilogy is superior.  I'd also put the Godfather trilogy
ahead, even though it's far from the topics discussed here.  And, oh, and Back
to the Future is better too.

LOTR movies are great to see, but they don't even respect the books of Tolkien.
They don't explain much in the movie itself, so for the people that didn't read
the books, they are hardly understandable and for the ones who did, they are
kind of empty, if not for great FX and visuals.  Oh, sure, the Orcs are terribly
ugly and scary, the landscapes are breathtaking, but where are the songs that
are everywhere in the books?  Where are all the small details that make the
Tolkien universe so popular and so superior to other fantasy universe?

Take the LOTR title out of the movie.  Seriously, if it wasn't for the fact that
this trilogy was greatly expected and met the minimum standards of greats
movies, they wouldn't have caused such an impact.

I am reading the books right now.  My appreciation of the movies is declining
fast.  They are stil very good, but not that good.

Terry
http://www.minifigville.com