 Castle / 19440
Re: StudWars presents : .castle vs. .space !!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 15:02:03 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Allister McLaren wrote:
   In lugnet.castle, David Laswell wrote:
   In lugnet.castle, Daniel Rubin wrote:
   Allegedly there is a movie based on the Chronicles of Narnia in the works, as well as an Ender’s Game movie.

snip

   The other problem they’d have is that if they want to do sequels, they’ll probably want to do them in order of publication, but the Battle School actors will end up outgrowing their roles for the Bean trilogy if they wait until they’ve finished the Ender story, and the likelihood that they’ll decide to run with Bean’s story first is pretty slim.

http://www.frescopictures.com/movies/ender/

I’m pretty excited about this too, but it’s probably a few years away from the screen. It looks like they’ve only aquired the right’s to Ender’s Game and Ender’s Shadow, and combining them to make one film.

I’m greeting this update with a huge saltlick. The Ender’s Game movie has been stuck in about the same spot as it is now for at least 6 years. I recall looking up details on it back in grad school, and seeing basically the same information with a different date stamped on the top of the page.

I’ll hold out hope, though ... I’d rather wait until the state-of-the-art is advanced enough to really pull off the Battle Room scenes seamlessly. I have these nightmares where the result, if rushed through to get it into the theaters before he technology is mature enough, looks like the video-game-esque images lately made ubiquitous by “Torque” previews and Britney’s “Toxic” video.

In Summary - I’m glad to hear the project’s still alive, but I’m not going to hold my breath. Oh, and they’d better not screw it up :P

-s