 Castle / 19438
Re: Sci Fi Novels --> movies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 14:29:37 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Allister McLaren wrote:
   I’m pretty excited about this too, but it’s probably a few years away from the screen. It looks like they’ve only aquired the right’s to Ender’s Game and Ender’s Shadow, and combining them to make one film.

Bicentennial Man was (not faithfully) adapted from Asimov’s short story of the same name, as well as his novel The Positronic Man.

Supposedly there are talks of doing something with Asimov’s Foundation series, and I Robot is currently filming (but only looks to be loosely following any of Asimov’s stories)

Rendezvous with Rama is in a production black hole currently.

Johnny Mnemonic was based on a short story by William Gibson. It bombed at the theatre, because I think most people just didn’t get it. Yeah, it’s corny, but one of my guilty pleasures. I think its corniness is one of the things I like about it. :D

-Grand Admiral
.space Curator