 Announcements / *102 (-100)
  1999 sets arrived @ TRU Portland, Oregon!

Hi All- Unverified report that the 1999 sets have arrived at the Tigard TRU, in Portland, Oregon. I just got off the phone with the TRU rep., and he said they have some of them in. I'm going to run down there now to verify. -jeremy Portland, Oregon (26 years ago, 14-Nov-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Chicago Legofest?

Is anyone interested in a central US Legofest in Chicago? There was small discussion about it on loc.us, but it fizzled. I can't have it at my house, but I am located in Wheaton, 30 miles west of the city. -tim <>< (URL) (26 years ago, 13-Nov-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Online ordering available

It seems you can order Mindstorms online now... (at least in the US anyway) (URL) (26 years ago, 10-Nov-98, to lugnet.announce)

  New Lego TV ad....

Don't watch that much telly, but saw this this evening..... A 30 second TV ad, (missed the 1st few seconds). Has a boy sitting on the floor of his bedroom, with a big technic construction in front of him. 4 men and his mother come to speak to the (...) (26 years ago, 8-Nov-98, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  LEGO Ancient Building Contest Website now up

The rec.toys.lego 1998 LEGO Ancient Building Contest has been a success beyond anything that I could have imagined at the start of the contest! The quality of the entries was outstanding! There were eight entries that exhibited enough creativity, (...) (26 years ago, 4-Nov-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Just got my Holiday S@H Catalog!

I just got a new US Shop at Home catalog, and it's not the one with 3225 "Classic Train" on the cover. It says "Holiday Magic!" at the top, and has a drawing of Minifigs standing in front of a Christmas tree with open books, appearantly singing (...) (26 years ago, 3-Nov-98, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general)

  Website update, pictures of a 40 brick high pyramid!!!

Well, finally the pictures are there! An 80-stud wide pyramid, plus a 96-stud wide "half" pyramid! Also some other pictures of my invaded launch pad......go to the address below, select MOC's........ Also some examples of limited storage (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.storage)

  New NNTP ports! (Re: Possible 2-minute downtime today)

Good news -- you can now connect here via NNTP using ports 8000 and 8080, in addition to the standard NNTP port 119. If 119 (the default) works just fine for you, then there's nothing you need to change. Otherwise if you're behind a firewall or (...) (26 years ago, 30-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Gary Istok sent me more pictures...

You can find them on my site. Go to the bottom of the LEGO(tm) page and you will find two links. One sources from voyager/jeffK and the other sources from Xoom. Content should be identical. Problems to me via email please, I am about to submerge in (...) (26 years ago, 29-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Shell Promotional Sets in Puerto Rico

A co-worker told me that the Shell station in front of us have a lot of boxes marked LEGO, so the promotion should start very soon here in Puerto Rico I don't know if this is the same for the rest of the United States.(1) Osvaldo Fernandez (...) (26 years ago, 28-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.pr)

  Possible 2-minute downtime today

Some changes in the server's xinetd.conf are being made today so that the NNTP daemon can respond to other ports besides 119. This may or may not require a reboot (depending on how smart xinetd is about this sort of thing). If a reboot is (...) (26 years ago, 28-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Update to BlockCAD gallery

Hi All! The BlockCAd gallery page has been updated with a couple of new models, and some ray-traces (submarine going into the water). You are all welcome to take a look! (URL) Isaksson (26 years ago, 27-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  lugnet.* discussion groups by mail

[followups set to lugnet.admin.general] If anyone is interested in receiving lugnet.* discussion groups by mail, I'm going to try a simple news<->mail experiment. It'll be read-only at first (meaning that if you reply via e-mail, your message won't (...) (26 years ago, 24-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: Interface changes coming today

(...) This occured yesterday as planned and approximately 200 people filled out the form yesterday and today. (...) This is now in effect. If you do have any problems posting, or you have questions or concerns, please post them to (...) (26 years ago, 21-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Zany Brainy train exclusives

I went to Zany Brainy yesterday & met up with a fellow LEGO nut -- he works at the store. His manager mentioned that Zany Brainy will be getting two train "Zany Brainy exclusives" from TLG; a LEGO train & a DUPLO train. Now, he didn't know any more (...) (26 years ago, 20-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Interface changes coming today

Two web-interface changes are being put into place today. These affect posting only -- not browsing or searching. The first change is mostly transparent and cosmetic -- and you don't need to do anything except to make a mental note that some (...) (26 years ago, 19-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  LEGO exhibition in Vienna

Hi there! I don't know if people are interested, but there is currently a Lego exhibition in 'Palais Palffy' in the center of Vienna, Austria. They sho a lot of _very_ old material. Blue-track trains, wooden toys, plastic cars. Lego cars in 1:87 (...) (26 years ago, 17-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Announcement: The 1998 GREAT CREATE

***...*** THE 1998 GREAT CREATE ***...*** Annual Build-A-Thon with LEGO® bricks to benefit the Greater Minneapolis Area Children's Crisis Nursery. when: Saturday, November 7, 1998 9:00 am–4:00 pm where: Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome, Downtown (...) (26 years ago, 16-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: LUGNET logo

  Updated LDraw Add-On--version 1.4.5

The LDLite-ready version of LDAO is now available from my website (see URL below). I have not updated the web pages or the readme.txt yet. That will be done tonight. The main changes are: - Addition of [Catalog Tool], which tells LDAO what rendering (...) (26 years ago, 14-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: Dutch promo: sets at Super de Boer

The set numbers of the promo sets are: 2880 Open top jeep (Town) 2881 Parking gate attendant (Town) 2884 Microlight (Town) 2886 Formula 1 car (Town) 2887 Petrol station attendant and pump (Town) 5900 Treasure hunter (Western) 6100 Crystal hunter (...) (26 years ago, 14-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  New CAD/LDraw group lugnet.cad.dat

A special non-discussion group has been created for posting LDraw .DAT files, which can then be viewed through the web interface using Paul Gyugyi's new LDraw-compatible viewer called LDLITE. The "homepage" of the lugnet.cad.dat newsgroup, from (...) (26 years ago, 13-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Followup-To field required on articles posted to lugnet.announce

As a helpful interactive reminder that this group is for announcements (as opposed to regular discussions), the server requires that the Followup-To field now be set when posting an article to this group lugnet.announce. (Doing so was always a good (...) (26 years ago, 13-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: 1999 Sets...

(...) Please, no one respond to the message above in this group. This is an announcements group, not a questions or discussions group. The number of messages posted here should be -very- low relative to other groups. --Todd p.s. This group might be (...) (26 years ago, 13-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  1999 Sets...

Does anybody know about the sets that are to be released in 1999? i got a big bucket of orange Legos that are "Halloween'-themed. Orange bricks! That's all of 'em. ======== Posted via the LUGNET discussion group web interface ======== (URL) Search, (...) (26 years ago, 13-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  test

only a test. (26 years ago, 13-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: Happy Meals

Thanks for the info, I just posed that very question on RTL a day or so ago. Happy Meals + Lego = A good excuse to get out of cooking dinner! (...) (26 years ago, 13-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Happy Meals

When I was at TRU today, I talked to the friendly Lego saleswoman, and she was pretty psyched about the upcoming happy meals Legos. Lego is going all out licensing. I don't know if this is old news or not, but hey;) Did somebody say McDonalds? Pawel (...) (26 years ago, 13-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  (canceled)

  Re: LUGNET logo

(...) Al Gore? Sorry, couldn't resist. Love the Lego. Are t-shirts and hats coming soon? (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: UK Kellogs sets identified

Should be: (...) Pictures now on my promo pages. -- Huw Millington (URL) - Home of the promotional LEGO set guide (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Dutch promo: sets at Super de Boer

Hello all, When I went to the supermarket this afternoon, I saw a display for a new promo campaign with ten small LEGO sets. This was a campaign by a dutch supermarket "Super de Boer", which I think is similar like the Shell Promo. I haven't much (...) (26 years ago, 13-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: SSS - Steve's Sealed Sets Auction

Todd Lehman wrote (...) Whoops - I guess I'm a bit confused. I did read the entire startup post, but it's so long it's easy to miss something like this. I thought you announced the auction in the announce group and then anything further like updates (...) (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  UK Kellogs sets identified

I received the 3 Kellogg's Cornflakes promotional sets today. Their set numbers are: 3054 Go-Cart, same as 6400 but in different colours 3055 Adventurers car-thingy 3056 Technic motorcycle (3054/56 may be the other way round, I only had a quick (...) (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  ANN: Ldlite version 1.0 released

Ldlite is an LDRAW compatible program that runs as a native Windows program. It is used for viewing *.dat model files, and works well with Ldraw AddOn. Version 1.0 is fully LDRAW compatible and runs approximately 10 times faster than LDRAW. Both (...) (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: When is everyone coming over?

(...) Cool! That would work for some people. I think I would have to have the folders, though. I like to have lots and lots of folders to organize my mail, news, etc. Thanks for the tip - just proves you never learn everything there is to know about (...) (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: When is everyone coming over?

(...) lugnet.announce is not a discussion group... :-o Take it over to lugnet.admin.general please... Thanks! --Todd (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: When is everyone coming over?

(...) Actually, you can "lock" articles in Free Agent which is, in effect, the same thing as saving them. They become undeleatable. Select and article header and click on the little padlock symbol in the toolbar. Rob rfarver@rcn.com (URL) Posted via (...) (26 years ago, 11-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: Hi everyone-Test

Welcome, Mark! :) /Tore (...) (26 years ago, 11-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: When is everyone coming over?

(...) Well, when I was using Agent what I would do is download new headers, then download all the articles (by expanding all threads, then selecting all, then hitting enter). I would read all the articles I wanted to read. Then, before I downloaded (...) (26 years ago, 10-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: When is everyone coming over?

(...) I posted a thing about using Free Agent(which I am) with AOl to the RTL. I was wodnering, how do you get rid of read post. All the post I have already read stay there, and they just dont dissapear. Thanks. (26 years ago, 10-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: When is everyone coming over?

(...) Once they figure out how to use Free Agent if there used to AOL Donny D (26 years ago, 10-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  We need Hats! (was Re: LUGNET logo)

Todd, Any possibility you'll be making a LUGNET hat or lapel pin? I'm sure I bump into more r.t.l folks at the store than I realize. (I think this was discussed on r.t.l at one time, and six months later people were still debating whether there (...) (26 years ago, 10-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Hi everyone-Test

Hi everyone! This is my first post to the new Lugnet group, and I want to make sure it is working. (26 years ago, 9-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: Lugnet carrying rec.toys.lego?

(...) I was thinking more of the social impacts. Would this kind of access open some form of abuse (internal or external) which is best kept off of lugnet? Cheers, - Sproat (26 years ago, 8-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Testing the creation of a new thread via web interface.

  Re: Posting from the web (a.k.a. Web interface, Part Deux :)

  Re: LUGnet is evil.

Sorry. Forgot to add the obligatory, Mwahahahahaha... >:-) (26 years ago, 7-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: LUGnet is evil.

(...) Welcome to dark side... (26 years ago, 7-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Posting from the web (a.k.a. Web interface, Part Deux :)

  LUGnet is evil.

I'd just like to announce that LUGnet is pure evil. Back in the old days, a week or so ago, I only checked into RTL once or twice a day. Now.... If it weren't for multitasking, I'd get nothing done. (26 years ago, 7-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: ------( Welcome to lugnet.announce )------

(...) Just to be 100% clear, auction announcements and updates belong in lugnet.market.auction and not in this group. --Todd (26 years ago, 7-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: SSS - Steve's Sealed Sets Auction

Yes, Matt's right... From the Terms of Use, "[...] It is a condition of your use of the discussion groups that you do not: [...] 11. Post auction announcements, updates, or listings in discussion groups which do not explicitly welcome their (...) (26 years ago, 7-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

I think this is supposed to be under lugnet.market.auction SRC wrote in message ... (...) my (...) Matt Marshall $%#$% Vacuum Cleaners Always get my pieces!!! Matt's Lego Page (URL) (26 years ago, 7-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  SSS - Steve's Sealed Sets Auction

Well I guess I get to be the first one to announce an auction. 8-) If you haven't already heard, my fourth auction is underway, and I've got my web-site (URL) running smoothly. (For now it's just one page with the current standings, and links back (...) (26 years ago, 7-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: LUGNET logo

Todd Lehman wrote (...) The "impossible triangle" has been my favorite shape/design since the first time I saw it - an old OMNI magazine cover I think. Great to see my favorite shape used as the symbol for what will probably be my primary Internet (...) (26 years ago, 7-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: Lugnet carrying rec.toys.lego?

(...) Which hit would that be? RTL shouldn't add much load. I'd appreciate this too. I've been meaning to set up a caching server which would grab all groups I wanna read, but I've not gotten around to it yet.... and this would save me the trouble. (...) (26 years ago, 7-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Lugnet carrying rec.toys.lego?

Todd, Would there be any benefit to have the lugnet server carry traffic for the rec.toys.lego newsgroup? Would there be any detrimental effect, besides the obvious hit to server time? Cheers, - Sproat (26 years ago, 6-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: LUGNET logo

Hi Todd! I think it's a beautiful collection of logos, but are You sure You are not infringing on a copyright here? The Swedish artist Oscar Reutersvärd has claimed copyright on the 'impossible triangle' (he started making his in 1934), and he has (...) (26 years ago, 6-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: LUGNET logo

(...) Cheers, - Sproat (26 years ago, 6-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: Hi folks!

Greetings LDraw dude! (...) (26 years ago, 6-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Hi folks!

Just wanted to announce that I also found my way to here, at last. /Tore (26 years ago, 6-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Mindstorms on "The World" public radio show

Hey, anyone who gets the PRI radio show The World should tune in thursday afternoon. I was just interviewed for what I think will be a lengthy piece on Lego Mindstorms. (Well, I'm sure it'll be on Mindstorms. I'm just not sure how in-depth it will (...) (26 years ago, 6-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LUGNET logo

(...) It would probably fall under the category of optical illusion. Jesse ___...___ Jesse The Jolly Jingoist Looking for answers? Read the rec.toys.lego FAQ! (URL) in Deja News! (URL) (26 years ago, 6-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: LUGNET logo

(...) Glad you like it. Here are a couple other images based on that design: (URL) (26 years ago, 6-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Disclosure of your real name -- Important information

+---...---+ | IMPORTANT REMINDER AND NOTICE TO | | NEW USERS OF THIS SYSTEM | +---...---+ Reminder: A condition of use of this service (see the Terms of Use) is that you do not hide your real name from the community of users here. However, some (...) (26 years ago, 6-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  The Maniacs' Realm

Hi all, I just made a club for fellow maniacs to chat on in Yahoo. It is members only, so follow the directions when you get there to join. I hope it is useful for making group chats that everyone can participate in, not just the people on AOL like (...) (26 years ago, 6-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: Hello

(...) Doubtful, I'm glad to say. (26 years ago, 5-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: Hello

(...) Hmm. Time will tell. Also, LUGnet is not on Usenet, so unless you find out about it, or use a seach engine, it is a bit more difficult to locate. (26 years ago, 5-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Hello

Um, testing the new new thingy here. I thought I really wouldn't like this place, but I do! I don't have to killfile and filter out all of the auctions to read the stuff I wanna hear. I kinda feel sorry for RTL though. The poor group's going to end (...) (26 years ago, 5-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: LUGNET logo

I must agree with Thomas, I too, really like the LUGNET logo. Kudos to you, Todd and Suz. Thomas Main wrote in message <36193B12.B9883F13@a...te.edu>... (...) (26 years ago, 5-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  LUGNET logo

I really like the new LUGNET logo. I must admit it makes me a little dizzy to stare at it though :) Is there a name for static images that have the appearance of motion? (26 years ago, 5-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Fabuland Homepage

Hi all, The homepage I was making about my favorite LEGO theme, Fabuland, is finally placed on the net. Because there was little information about this theme (not at The LEGO Group nor at other sites) I made a personal homepage for this theme. The (...) (26 years ago, 5-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Just announced to RTL

A formal announcement about this newsserver was just made in RTL. :) Hearty thanks to everyone who participated here over the past week(s) and helped shape things! --Todd [Follow-ups set to lugnet.admin.general] (26 years ago, 4-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Liking Lugnet Better

Thanks for making me a beta 2 tester, Todd. This resource I think will be really great. It might not be your intention to replace rtl, yet I do like the fact that someone oversees things here. I'm learning to like separate discussion groups. At (...) (26 years ago, 2-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: When is everyone coming over?

(...) We'll see how many people are as excited about all of this as we are. :) I don't get the sense there will be any kind of momentous en masse movement from RTL to here, and this wasn't really designed as to be a replacement for RTL anyway... (...) (26 years ago, 2-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: When is everyone coming over?

(...) It might be a while. Some people don't want to change their habits. And others can't, due to firewall issues. (Todd - the web interface would certainly help here!) And, although Todd is (well as far as I can tell) a good person and doing this (...) (26 years ago, 2-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  When is everyone coming over?

I am anxiously anticipating having the rest of rtl start using LUGNET's newsgroups. I think it will be very exciting once everyone gets onboard! When is the announcement planned? (the weekend might be good because fewer people read and everyone (...) (26 years ago, 2-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Changes complete; new hierarchy in effect

[Follow-ups set to lugnet.admin.general] Well, the operation took longer than I'd hoped, but it was a success. The new hierarchy is in effect, all 489 human-posted articles were preserved with their original message IDs, timestamps, and (...) (26 years ago, 2-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general)

  IMPORTANT CHANGES

The Quick Summary ===...=== All lugnet.com newsgroups are being renamed. You will need to unsubscribe from all the groups and add them again. The Explanation ===...=== When we assigned names to groups, we thought it would be friendly (and less (...) (26 years ago, 2-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general)

  Possible flakiness warning

[follow-up set to lugnet.general] I am about to install a filter on the newsserver which inserts people's real names into the NNTP header block when they post (for the people whose names are known so far) in case they forget to include their full (...) (26 years ago, 30-Sep-98, to lugnet.announce)

  So Nice!

Greetings to All, I think that this is *really* nice... Todd and Suz, once again, you've 'out done' yourselves..... delicious! Now as Carolyn says... "Back to building!" **Maria** (26 years ago, 30-Sep-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Thanks for including me, too

I just got a chance to glance through this - I am too busy building ;) Anyway thanks for the opportunity to be part of this, I really like the idea. -- A A ( o o ) Carolyn (URL) ~ < (26 years ago, 29-Sep-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: Newsgroup for PNLTC

(...) Hrm.... Follow-ups don't seem to be working. It never gave me the option to post to build.trains only (...) clubs.trains.pnltc does not appear to be deleted from the newserver. I'm still getting it when I refresh my groups list. Sarah Heacock (26 years ago, 29-Sep-98, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains)

  Re: This is the beginning...

(...) In late-August and through early-to-mid-September there was an "alpha" test of this newsserver. I think there was also a first "beta" and that this is technically the second "beta." In any case, Mike was very helpful and that's why he's proud. (...) (26 years ago, 29-Sep-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: This is the beginning...

Eh???????? (...) (26 years ago, 29-Sep-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: This is the beginning...

(...) It was sheer luck on my part....I caught the e-mail announcement just before going to bed. I think I must have received it seconds after it was sent! ___...___ nospam.richard.dee@virgin.net remove nospam dot Web Sight: (URL) Instant Messenger: (...) (26 years ago, 29-Sep-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: Newsgroup for PNLTC

[follow-ups set to build.trains] (...) I misunderstood what SteveB said earlier today, and we talked more in e-mail. PNLTC doesn't want to have its own specific newsgroup after all, so clubs.trains.pnltc is off the list again. However, Steve says (...) (26 years ago, 29-Sep-98, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ready to do the big reset

[follow-up set to lugnet.general] (...) Interesting...works fine for me in IE3, NS3, NS4. Maybe I have an HTML syntax error that IE4 is sensitive to. Hrm, I give up -- Doctor HTML v5 (URL) says the HTML code is fine. IE4 bug? (...) It doesn't (...) (26 years ago, 29-Sep-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: Ready to do the big reset

(...) appearing in my browser (IE 4) Did you never implement the table? [I don't even get anything resembling the black and red dots you mentioned] (...) I hope announce is still around... Is this set to follow up to lugnet.general? Or to announce? (...) (26 years ago, 29-Sep-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Lugnet geek stuff

Since you've switched the fibblesnork and pause sites to lugnet I've noticed that those sites respond much more quickly than before lugnet. So, I'm just curious about the geek stuff. How big is lugnet's pipe to the rest of the world? What are the (...) (26 years ago, 29-Sep-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: This is the beginning...

(...) We wouldn't have it any other way, Jesse. :) -- Unofficial listing of weekly Lego Shop at Home phone specials (URL) (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada) www.auczilla.com - World's Largest Online Selection of LEGO Pieces (26 years ago, 29-Sep-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: This is the beginning...

Mike Stanley wrote in message <3610288e.19277510@l...et.com>... (...) Hey, this is the first time I've even been a beta-tester. I'll take what I can get. I suppose I'm the token rabble-rouser in the beta group... Jesse ___...___ Jesse The Jolly (...) (26 years ago, 29-Sep-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Newsgroup for PNLTC

[follow-ups set to clubs.trains.pnltc] It wasn't clear a week ago whether or not the PNLTC folks would want their own ng here, but we reserved the clubs.* hierarchy for things like that in case they did. Steve Barile wrote in tonight and said (...) (26 years ago, 29-Sep-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: This is the beginning...

(...) Promising is an understatement. :) This project will probably end up making dreams come true for lots of people. -- Unofficial listing of weekly Lego Shop at Home phone specials (URL) (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada) (...) (26 years ago, 29-Sep-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: This is the beginning...

(...) Well, 1st in the BETA test anyway. :) Mike, a proud Alpha-tester :) -- Unofficial listing of weekly Lego Shop at Home phone specials (URL) (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada) www.auczilla.com - World's Largest Online Selection of (...) (26 years ago, 29-Sep-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: This is the beginning...

Congrats to Todd and Suzanne and... Lugnet! Thanks for doing such a great job in your quest to propagate Legomania. This project looks promising... On a tangent issue... I was #2, right behind Richard on a couple... (...) (26 years ago, 28-Sep-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: This is the beginning...

I missed being the 1st.......oh well. I am the 1st on 5 others though!!!!! Ardjan Besse wrote in message <3610076e.52915658@l...et.com>... (...) (26 years ago, 28-Sep-98, to lugnet.announce)

  also proud

yes, let the party begin paul, netherlands (26 years ago, 28-Sep-98, to lugnet.announce)

  This is the beginning...

of a new Era. I am proud that I've been chosen to participate in the beta-test of news:lugnet.com. Thanx, Todd! (I'm also proud to be the first one to post here (so it seems), but that is just because I have a cable-tv connection and I can check my (...) (26 years ago, 28-Sep-98, to lugnet.announce)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact