 Announcements / 22
21  |  23
Subject:
Possible flakiness warning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:55:39 GMT

[follow-up set to lugnet.general]

I am about to install a filter on the newsserver which inserts people's
real names into the NNTP header block when they post (for the people whose
names are known so far) in case they forget to include their full real name
in the 'From:' configuration.

There's a chance I might cause some "air turbulence" during the
installation of this filter.  (In other words you -might- have trouble
posting for a spell.)

Other than that, there shouldn't be the possibility of any other problems;
the newsserver is well-componentized.

--Todd