 Announcements / 15
Re: Newsgroup for PNLTC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 19:31:14 GMT

[follow-ups set to build.trains]

In 'announce', lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) wrote:

It wasn't clear a week ago whether or not the PNLTC folks would want their
own ng here, but we reserved the clubs.* hierarchy for things like that in
case they did.

Steve Barile wrote in tonight and said he/they were very interested, so
here it is:

   clubs.trains.pnltc

--Todd

I misunderstood what SteveB said earlier today, and we talked more in
e-mail.  PNLTC doesn't want to have its own specific newsgroup after all,
so clubs.trains.pnltc is off the list again.  However, Steve says that
PNLTC is very interested in using a trains-specific group.  Given this, and
that we were teeter-tottering as to whether to include a build.trains for
train maniacs, build.trains has been created.

--Todd & Suz

p.s.  The clubs.* hierarchy is still open for future expansion.  If PNLTC
ever does want their own ng (for PNLTC-related issues as opposed to general
train issues), all they have to do is give a hollar and it's done.