 Adventurers / 60
Re: Favorite Adventurers vehicles (Re: 4x2ReVu: 5909)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 21:07:56 GMT

On Thu, 7 Oct 1999 19:10:42 GMT, "Mark Lindsey" <markwars@fcmail.com>
wrote:

In lugnet.adventurers, Steve Bliss writes:
'Interesting' may have been a bad word-choice.  I *do* like the Amazon
sets.  Well, the blimp is kinda goofy.  Comparing Amazon to Egyptian, the
Amazon sets have a higher level of juniorization, the buildings are less
inspired, and the price/piece is higher.

Why do you think that price per piece did go up on the sets?  Is it
the "juniorization", to use your word, of the larger less building intensive
pieces?

Yes, since the pieces are larger, and more specialized, they are going to
cost more per piece.  But the 'building enjoyment' tends to be directly
related to the number of pieces, not their complexity.  So I'd rather build
a bunch with simpler pieces.

And what do you mean by inspired?

Compare the large Amazon temple to the Sphinx, or the large Egypt temple.
To me, the Amazon temple looks simplified, less detailed.

Sadly, perhaps, I find your ideas intriguing and good.  Again a matter of
opinion. I would love to see sets like those you described if for no other
reason than to have an environment LEGO has never touched upon.  The best
lines in my opinion are always the ones set in the freshest and most original
settings.  I don't know if you saw my other post about possiblities for this
line but some of my ideas were for sunken ships or a subtheme pertaining to
ancient Greece or Rome.  What do you think?  Let me hear some of your ideas or
wishes for this line.

The sunken ships *should* have been done in Divers.  But an underwater
Adventurers set or subtheme would be good.  I agree with Bruce about the
Greek/Roman.

Steve