 Adventurers / 89
Re: Arctic Adventurers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 16:06:31 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
Please don't take my dislike of the pre-molded LEGO animals
as a personal critique.

OK I won't.

I must have been in an undiplomatic mood, when I wrote my
comments. :-(

No problem.

I'll try to make up for it by coming with some creative
ideas for the hunt for the treasure of Atlantis.

Lets we assume Atlantis was what is now the bottom of the
Mediterrainean(sp?), which already had a culture on the
level of Greece 2.5ky ago.

Our great explores will need a boat to get out to the spot
where Atlantis' capital/treasure/whatever was. A small
wooden fishing vessel will probably be sufficiently large to
handle the diving bell, and still small enough to avoid
catching too much interest from other parties.

The treasure is most likely still in the small temple-like
building[1]. The building is partly a ruin, but some of the
traps still work.

How is that for a start? (I am not so good at the "evil
opposition" part of the Adventureres stories.

Those are fantastic ideas!  Instead of a small temple how about a friggin'
huge one!  I want at least 600 pieces in it.  I also want statues.  Tons of
statues of little minifig marble people like in your link.  I think the best
opposition would be to have a set of "pirates" from the early 1900s out on the
open seas looking for treasures lost years ago by real pirates.  They are
opportunistic enough however to take any ancient treasures Johnny Thunder
might find.

I suppose I should show how I would build a mammoth and a
dinosaur from plain pieces. - I will try to work something
out. - I hope that you will find time to look at some of my
LEGO animals at [2,3].

You have great ideas.  Let's hear the plans for that mammoth and any dinos you
might come up with.

It would be nice to think they are listening in but I
think that would be very wishful thinking.

They are listening in (according to their boss).

How do you know this?  Do tell.

Thanks,
Mark L