 Adventurers / 59
Re: Favorite Adventurers vehicles (Re: 4x2ReVu: 5909)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 20:20:25 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Mark Lindsey writes:
In lugnet.adventurers, Steve Bliss writes:
If the Amazon sets are as popular as the Egyptian sets were, I would not be
surprised to see a third subtheme appear.  But I'd bet the Amazon sets
haven't done as well--they're more expensive (per piece) than the Egyptian
sets, and the monuments/architecture isn't as interesting.

Steve I was wondering what you specifically found uninteresting about the
Amazon sets.  I found them much more vibrant and alive than any other lego
sets ever.  I love their attempt to do a jungle.  I can see your point on the
architecture, however there is not much in the world more architecturally
interesting than the Valley of the Kings area.

I felt they had poor color selection and a low piece count.  Nothing that
couldn't ultimately be fixed with a load of fairly standard bricks, I suppose.

I also have doubts that "Artic Adventurers" could really carry a complete
subtheme.

Why not?  I can imagine igloos, kayaks, dog-sled teams, parka clad minifigs,
etc.  I think the sets themselves  could include a North and South Pole quest.
Can anybody think of others?  I would like to somehow involve a killer whale
in one, or maybe polar bears, walrus, or penguins.  Let me know what you
think, this is what keeps this hobby alive for all of us.

Thanks, Mark

Three sets of different size consisting of nothing but white bricks just
doesn't do it for me.  Indian (sub-continent) or Mesopotamian (Babylon,
Assyria) would be better.  Greek and Roman just doesn't have that wild frontier
feel that India, Egypt, pre-Columbian, or Mesopotamian would have.  And at
least Indiana Jones went to India.

Arctic: blue non-articulated minifigs (frozen stiff).  White bricks.  The
Endurance trapped in ice (pirate boat plus lots of white bricks).  White
CRAPP.  Dogs (sliced up as steaks).  More white bricks.  Igloos (see preceeding
entries regarding white bricks).  Just not a lot to build!

Bruce