 Administrative / General / 13651
Re: Worst of the worst
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.support, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2006 18:40:29 GMT

In lugnet.people.support, Arthur Clarke wrote:
In lugnet.people.support, Timothy Gould wrote:

Dear Admins,

I have my strong suspicions that this is a puppet account for Eric Sophie.
The strange use of phrasing and language of this response matches his very
closely and the name used is further suggestive of a puppet account. I would
ask that you check technical details for the account against Eric.

Tim

My name and my “strange use of phrasing and language” are my own

I commented on this issue as I believe I recognize the behavior being
demonstrated by some of the people on this forum. I have been involved in
resolving many cases of bullying in a professional capacity both in schools
and in the workplace. It is quite common to come across situations in which
bullies torment a victim until the victim snaps and either threatens or
commits violence on the tormentors. The bullies then complain to some
authority about the victim’s behavior! If the victim is unlucky, authority
sides with the bullies.

Unfortunately, many bullies do not recognize their bullying behavior and need
help to overcome it just as much as their victims. Such behavior is often a
childish development but sometimes carries over into later life. It is also
an unfortunate fact that bully involving the use of electronic communications
is becoming more and more common. We should not tolerate it on this or any
other forum.

Arthur (Steven Edward) Clarke

Arthur, thank you for taking the time to write this and to do so with a clear
head.

If you are willing, we need such an arbiter.

I give my word that I will not engage in malicious activity.
I am to isolated to even have anyone to chat with let alone conspire.

I have tried for months to simply build and not argue with anyone.

I give you my word as well as to the community at large that I will continue to
build and share, NOT look for trouble.

I find myself all to often fighting back when I am put in these positions.
It is a nice day out side today and I will go out and enjoy it with the people I
love.

We all have a choice to make. Either we allow ourselves to continuously harras
each other, or really come together to develop our hobby by embracing the Family
Values the Lego Company stands for.