 Administrative / General / 12747
Re: LUGNET members association
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 00:05:57 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Rob Hendrix wrote:
I move to form a new organization (not led by myself), that consists of
members (if you aren't a member of LUGNET, what's the holdup?) of the LUGNET
community.  The association would govern the majority of the members needs,
desires, problems, solutions, suggestions, etc and be a main trunkline for
information, a highway if you will, between the LUGNET administration and
the members.

All administrative structuring changes, policies, governing principles, etc
would then come from the admin team to the members association for review
and discussion before being implemented.

All member suggestions, ideas, etc. would first be reviewed by the member
association for validity or need and then proposed in a formal manner to the
administration.

I too see this as unnecessary - there is still no requirement for the
administration to act on any recommendations of the LMA, in effect they can say,
as they have already done several times now, "We have made the decision and will
not respond to any further debate".

ROSCO