 Administrative / General / 12879
Re: my “button pushing” opinion! ;)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 16:10:58 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Ross Crawford wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Ross Crawford wrote:
   I think it does. If there was total trust, we wouldn’t require a policy document.

And THAT’S the crux of why LUGNET is at least partly broken. The admins don’t trust (some of) the users and (some of) the users (not necessarily the same ones) don’t trust the admins.

OK let me put it another way, if it’s worth creating a P&P doc, it’s worth assuring the users they will be listened to.

Yeah, I don’t believe this. The LPRV is a great example. The Admins gathered a group of people and said, we trust you guys! We want to know what you think! And then, seemingly out of nowhere, they started accusing the Admins of creating a rubber stamp committee.

If you don’t trust me, then no matter HOW many times I say “I want to listen” - you will always think I’m lying to you.. or being sarcastic or whatever. I’ve seen it happen quite a few times. This is an excellent example - Scott accuses me of being insincere when I was trying to reassure. What then?

Well, as long as it was Scott, it was easy enough to disregard. It was just Scott, after all, noted button pusher.

But when we get this mistrust from people we used to respect before they wigged out, or people we still do want to respect for their contributions, despite their personal attacks, that’s more serious, isn’t it?

Larry, No. I’d start to worry when (arguably justified) personal attacks on a LUGNET admin are spotlighted on LUGNET’s homepage. For that to happen once is very unfortunate. For it to happen repeatedly…

I’d be further concerned when “mistrust” in adimns dominates the newsgroups or when admins start attacking people publicly (and attack others with abusive e-mails). But I’d be most worried when a proven lying trouble making plagiariser whom a lot of people think unsuitable is made an admin.

My miscounting was wrong, and I was wrong to say Larry did any abusive emailing.

I respectfully request that http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=12791 post be cancelled, so that Larry no longer has to defend himself against false charges.

   Be a man. Give us a break. Go away and get a life.

Scott A

PS… but all that is my “button pushing” opinion! ;)

PPS Are you the kind of Admin LUGNET needs?

Not in my opinion.

Kevin