 Administrative / General / 12766
Re: LUGNET members association
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:36:03 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

<snip>

And THAT'S the crux of why LUGNET is at least partly broken. The admins don't
trust (some of) the users and (some of) the users (not necessarily the same
ones) don't trust the admins.

And as part of the admin staff, what are you going to do about this 'crux'?
Wishing it away will not make it go away.  Whereas I may agree that 'the
community' may need to 'cut some slack' towards the admin team, the admin team
has to earn the trust of the community.  And thus far on the trust issue, at
least from these cheap seats, not so much a passing grade on that one.  Oh wait,
grades are based on what can be seen--so then the admin team then gets an
'incomplete'.

It's a little flippant I know, but the point is there for anyone and all to see.

I'll keep on being that mosquito.  hey, the analogy caused the Borg to stop...

Dave K