 Administrative / General / 1222
Re: Lugnet clone handling? (was: Re: LEGO clone auction)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 21:24:48 GMT

Todd,

I have to say this is a very well worded description of your view of what
Lugnet is. I'm going to toss in a few comments from someone who is becoming
a Lego purist, but has purchased clone brand products...

I am glad you created the clone-brands group. I see the following value from
it:

Lugnet is becoming a central site of Lego fan presence. There will always be
people who say "what about brand-x?" Having a forum for discussion about
brand-x which has reasoned discussion, and won't attract fanatical diatribes
in my opinion will actually help Lego. We have the opportunity to say what
is good about the clone brands (and there are some good things about them),
but at the same time be able to point out why they fail to meet our
expectations based on Lego quality. I think this makes Lugnet a more
complete web-site. I also hope that TLG representatives will read
clone-brands and see what is attractive about the clone-brands.

Frank Filz