 Administrative / General / 1154
Re: LEGO clone auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 00:40:27 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Jon Nichol ("Quozl") writes:
I'm just wondering which group would be appropiate to auction
a LEGO clone.  The clones group or the auction group?

Hmm, this is a good question.

Like the rest of the site, the .market.* hierarchy is for LEGO® brand
toys.  From <http://www.lugnet.com/news/groups/> ...

   lugnet.market.auction (group):
      Auction announcements, updates, listings, and analysis; NOTE: this
      group is the ONLY group where auction announcements or updates are
      appropriate

   lugnet.market.* (hierarchy):
      Auctioning, buying, selling, trading, exchanging, and shopping for
      LEGO® products

And although the .off-topic.clone-brands group is for discussions, etc.
related to imitation (non-LEGO) brands of plastic building bricks, it
wasn't really intended for auctions.

   lugnet.off-topic-clone-brands (group):
      Discussions, comparisons, reviews, etc. of non-LEGO® (i.e., clone or
      imitation) brands of plastic building bricks and related systems.

   lugnet.off-topic.* (hierarchy):
      Off-topic (non-LEGO®) discussions.

So the simple answer is (currently) "None."

But maybe that's not a workable answer.

I dunno.  What do people in the .off-topic.clone-brands group think about
auctions in that group?  (You could ask their opinions.)  I don't like the
idea of including non-LEGO commerce in the .market.* hierarchy, and I'm
not keen on the idea of a parallel hierarchy for clone brands.  If people
in the .clone-brands group can agree on allowing auctions and the like
there, I don't suppose I have a problem with that.

--Todd