 Administrative / General / 1158
Re: LEGO clone auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 14:12:13 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Hmm.. This IS perplexing.

Todd Lehman wrote:

Like the rest of the site, the .market.* hierarchy is for LEGO® brand
toys.

<charters snipped>

That means that my post about the availability of tee shirts was OFF
TOPIC there! Yikes. Is that what you intended?

I think Lego FAN items (web site announcements, tee shirt sales, events,
alternative RCX software, etc) do belong in the normal groups. Non-Lego
building systems belong in the clone-brands group. Modifications of Lego
bricks and inclusion of non-Lego materials when Lego has no real
alternative I would think would be generally appropriate in the regular
groups (though the line might be different in various groups, I can see
the robotics and possibly trains areas being more lenient than other
areas).

Of course this is all just my opinion.

--
Frank Filz