 Administrative / General / 1169
Re: Lugnet clone handling? (was: Re: LEGO clone auction)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 20:44:53 GMT

Thomas Main wrote:
I've noticed this too.  I like to think the aversion comes from
legitimate concerns about quality - but modern MegaBloks are of a very
high quality.  I have a few Tyco bricks that I think are on par with
Lego bricks with regard to their quality so it would be even harder to
make the quality argument in that case.

See my review of Mega Bloks in lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, they are
definitely of lower quality than Lego. I came in somewhat skeptical off
the aversion to MB. Now I'm almost a believer (in Lego purity). The
Creature Seekers Naval Command was somewhat frustrating to build because
things didn't lock together very well.

--
Frank Filz

Work: mailto:ffilz@us.ibm.com