 Administrative / General / 1162
Re: Lugnet clone handling? (was: Re: LEGO clone auction)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 16:33:33 GMT

You are SO right on with that observation Christopher!  But I think that *all*
of us feel this way to some extent.  Sure, we joke about it, but seriously:
what is it about Lego that is _so_ completely different than any other toy,
and I mean _really_ different?
I wonder if it is some form of nostalgic narcissism [1].

[1] What the hell *that* is I haven't a clue, but it sounded good and it's
alliterative:-)

-John

Reflected in some recent and historic posts is a seemingly neurotic
aversion to clone bricks.  What is the origin of this?  I'm not
interested in MegaBlocks because
they feel cheap and sort-of smoosh together instead of snapping together
like Lego, but it seems that for some Lego is the religion competing
against others.  What's the deal?

--
Sincerely,

Christopher L. Weeks