 Administrative / General / 1165
Re: Lugnet clone handling? (was: Re: LEGO clone auction)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 17:52:47 GMT

Christopher L. Weeks <c576653@cclabs.missouri.edu> wrote:
I don't follow the philosophy behind excluding anything clone from the
normal hierarchy of groups.  It seems like everything would be easier if
the charters were taken a little loosely and only when someone was being
problematically off-topic would they be pushed off to post somewhere
else.  Really, I think the names of the groups are good enough
indicators of what's supposed to be there and the topics discussed
(maybe with a few groups as exceptions) should be (and will be, anyway)
a little fuzzy but centered on the intended topic.

If there is a good argument for why I'm wrong (I mean better than "this
is owned by Todd and Suzanne and they can do whatever they want" - which
I agree with totally) I would appreciate hearing it.

Hrmmm, I don't _have_ children, but I remember being one.  I also
remember times when rules seemed to be loosely (or not at all) applied
at one time, then harshly applied at others.  Didn't make sense to me
then, don't think it would work now.

I don't really think you can, in good fath, tell someone to post
whatever someplace else just because he's doing a lot of it, when
you've tolerated it before, either from him or someone else on a less
frequent basis.

--
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Focused discussion groups for LEGO fans worldwide