 Administrative / General / 1240
Re: Lugnet clone handling? (was: Re: LEGO clone auction)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 04:52:50 GMT

Frank Filz wrote in message <36FFC8B2.6201@mindspring.com>...
I have seen several examples. One is there is a brand of camping
accessories which has packaging looking awfully close to Coleman. I
think the brand is something like Cochran.

Actually, the brand is Coghlan's... I couldn't find a web page for them, but
did find a web site which carries their equipment with pictures, compare:

Coghlan's logo seen on the pictures at: http://www.jgwhyte.com/lighters.htm

To Coleman's at: http://www.coleman.com/

Note that while Coleman's packaging usually isn't green these days (I think
is used to be), many of their stoves and lanterns are green (though a darker
green than Coghlan's). I'm almost surprised Coleman hasn't made a trademark
violation case against Coghlan's, it is awfully close (and from a distance,
one would think a display of Coghlan's gear is a Coleman display - I know I
have been tricked, and I'm aware of the two brands). Coghlan's gear does not
seem to be quite the same quality.

Frank