 Administrative / Database / 157
Re: Official and Unofficial theme categories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 19:45:39 GMT

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999 19:19:37 GMT, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman)
wrote:

blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve Bliss) writes:

I -almost- made sub-categories of the so-called "classic" Space in the
Fibblesnork LEGO Guide but was talked out of it (I think by Steve Bliss) by
being shown many examples of boundary-straddling sets.

Note: it probably wasn't me.  I *think* FLG has been around longer than
I have (my roll-call form says "late 1995").

Steve

Well, I just remembered that you'd saved me from opening a huge can of worms.
:)

To be more accurate, I wanted to categorize the sets based on color scheme, and
it probably wasn't super-clear that I was considering breaking up the "Classic
Space" category in the FLG (birth = March 1996, BTW) into sub-categories.

OK, just dug up the thread on DejaNews...  It was a gigantic thread on RTL about
"Good and Evil."  Here's are the color/categories portions; looks like some good
long-term food for thought.

Wow.  I had totally forgotten about that thread.  Those were the good
old days.

That one, and the thread about the 12H quarter domes. (Speaking of
which, I'm currently updating my web pages about the spaceship BR.[1]
I'm not any closer to building it, just adding virtual sections every
now and then.)

Steve
[1] Which is relevant, because the reason I started the BR project was
to make a big spaceship where the bridge was basically a globe of
quarter domes.