 Administrative / Database / 137
Re: Official and Unofficial theme categories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 08:12:04 GMT

Also sprach Todd Lehman:
: There might be 4 or 5 (or more) sub-categories of classic Space -- for
: example, a little specialized category for the 3 ships in the Galaxy
: Explorer family, and categories for the whole original blue/yellow/gray
: collection of sets.

I'm relieved to see you say this.  I've always recognized 'classic'
space to have several 'generations', although they overlap a lot.  It's
tempting to classify the 3-digit sets together, but that style clearly
continued into the 4-digit numbering system.  6861 (X-1 Patrol Craft)
and 6970 (Beta-1 Command Base) continue the blue/grey/yellow style, for
example, and I think belong in some kind of meta-category with the
original 3-digit sets.  (6970 had town-style windows, but they were
still yellow)  But in the same year they released 6901 (Mobile Lab)
which was obviously a new color sceme ...

/ _ _ / _ _     Press any key to continue, or any other key to quit...
============= Jim Baker -- Weather Weasel Extraordinaire ==============