 Administrative / Database / 108
Re: Official and Unofficial theme categories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 21:18:49 GMT

Huw Millington wrote:

Something like 2188 would probably
go in as 100% "Colorline", 0% "ferry", and 100% "FreeStyle" (100% rather
than 80% or 90% because it actually says "FreeStyle" on the instructions).

But given that 2188 is available only on ferries, doesn't that count for
something? Its not a ferry per se, but in some way it is related to 'ferry',
taking 'ferry' to be a generic term for a group of co-promoting companies.

This is an attribute of availability, just as (US only), or (Shell
Stations in Holland) or (Worldwide) are. It has nothing to do with the
subject matter of the model. So I would not like to see the
categorization muddied up with it.

I suspect I am in a minority on this but I feel strongly about it. We
must use multiple dimensions in this area. Subject matter, official LEGO
categorisation, and availability are all different dimensions of
understanding about a set.

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.