  *81265 (-100)
  Re: Geez! LUGNET is just too exciting!

(...) Sorry about your wife! Just the other day I got a Deep Freeze Defender from a auction on ebay (good price too, brand new!) and we put it together that night after putting the baby & toddler to bed. She has not built with Lego since she was 10! (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

Waaahoo!!! Glad to hear from you, Brad, and Happy Holidays to you and yours!! This does indeed mark a GREAT Day! Thanks for letting us know the Plans and Welcome to Lugnet!! John (...) [<snip>] (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Geez! LUGNET is just too exciting!

(...) Yes, my fiancee just can't seem to get into the joy of sorting (Though I keep trying! :) ) Scott S. ___...___ Scott E. Sanburn CAD Operator Affiliated Engineers, Inc. Work Page: (URL) Page: (URL) LEGO Page: (URL) to come: Star Wars LEGO Sets (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) Welcome to Lugnet! Everyone here will be very happy to hear this, I'm sure! (...) I, for one, will be glad to have you here. It has been a long time coming, but once everything gets rolling, it will be a grand day in the history of that (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

Well hello! I didn't think you guys really cared about us AFOLs, but I'll be the first to admit I was wrong and am glad to be. Welcome on board the LUGNET juggernaut and get ready for a wild ride. This is one active community with many different (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Storm Troopers and Boba Fett

(...) I think one crime against nature per year is enough for any company. I speak, of course, of the *moan* Jar Jar minifig. (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Geez! LUGNET is just too exciting!

(...) And don't forget the furor over the new Castle Babe... ;-) ...which is STILL going strong, I might add... Franklin (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) of (...) Let me say Hi, Howdy and Welcome!! We would love to actually have an ear (and voice) from LEGO involved in our rants and raves. Feel free to join in where ever you like. See you soon, Aaron>maniac@vol.com (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

Brad, Well, this is interesting, but I have a hard time believing this. Maybe I am too skeptical. I think the majority of AFOL's here are frustrated with TLC's lack of attention to us and our needs / wants / desires. I was rather flabbergasted the (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: next Auczilla?

(...) Very shortly, I just got the pre-announce e-mail for Auczilla XI... (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: External Power Port Problem..?

(...) Yes, but this may be the very reason it has been dropped. A lot of people have connected DC supplies capable of delivering far more current than the correct transformer. The problems are that when using a DC supply, only two of the diodes in (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Rack and Pinion Steering and idea for precise angle of rotation detection

=>> On it ((URL) is a scan =>> and detailed description of my (at last) finally-successful implementation =>> of a rack-and-pinion type of steering mechanism... I just looked at your pictures, and I wonder if the way you've got the final axles (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: A new castle babe!!! (and a weird knight)

(...) are (...) People, she is just wearing a *tight* blue dress, nooo armor (she's got cleavage!) with a shawl (spelling?) or sweatery thing over her shoulders. She ain't no warrior chick. Aaron>maniac@vol.com (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  next Auczilla?

Todd, When do you anticipate beginning the next Auczilla? (It will be Auczilla XI, correct?) Thanks. Franklin (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) Well let me be first to give you a warm welcome. Good to know you are listening. I am sure we will be listening to you. Now I just have a few things on my list.......Oh, well, perhaps I will wait until everyone has said Hi first. regards (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Year 2000 Surprise

I have seen several posts how TLC wanted to keep the new sets a "surprise." I also know that there is a belief that is widely held that we, AFOLs, are not the target for that surprise. (Now if they offered train service packs that would be a (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Cats and pigeons...

Huw Millington <hmillington@cix.co.uk> wrote in message news:FMHsL2.FJw@lugnet.com... (...) If it makes any difference, I don't think your reputation is at all "sullied." Rather, I think you handled a difficult situation rather gracefully. Even (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Geez! LUGNET is just too exciting!

First the dealer catalog scans debate, then Lego Direct! What a week... Who said playing with bricks isnt exciting (probably my wife actually) regards lawrence (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: GMLTC shirt sighting...

I'm in MSP next week, dunno about after that, natch. However I am thinking I'l be in BOS MA the week of the 10th of Jan. (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Storm Troopers and Boba Fett

(...) <SNIP> Of course, there is no telling what went on inside the ship on that long, lonely ride to the Hutt's palace. Aaron>maniac@vol.com (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Cats and pigeons...

Todd, You and Suz should really rethink your stance. Go and read the Fairness Statement and take a little time to think it over. Then I would suggest an apology to Huw and a repost of the infamous posting. As for Huw, I like him now more than ever, (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A new castle babe!!! (and a weird knight)

(...) the (...) Everytime someone uses that name, I think of a robot from Secret of Mana. Anyone else? No? 'Kay, guess I'm just wierd... :) (...) Definitely. As far as I know, yes, those are the only two. (...) Yeah, yer right! Cool, actual female (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  WAFOL page??

hey people do we have plans to make an official WAFOL page soon? i still have the ugly GULL page somewhere but would really like to start on the real thing. if it looks like it may take awhile i'll get to spiffing up the GULL page until we can do (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ut)

  Re: LEGOLand Questions

Late January/Early February. With the exception of the first two weeks of December, that period is the emptiest for theme parks. (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Introducing LEGO Direct

To LEGO enthusiasts everywhere: We hope that we are the bearer of some holiday cheer for you all. For those of you who have felt that your love for LEGO was unrequited, this is a new day. With this missive, the LEGO Company asks to open a dialogue (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.dear-lego) !!

  Thanks, Ashley (Re: Toy clearance at ZCMI)

I just wanted to say thanks to Ashley for letting us know about sales and such in Utah. I'm in no financial position to take advantage of the ZCMI thing right now but I really appreciate hearing about this stuff! ..joseph g (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ut)

  Re: I´d like to see some house designs

(...) I never build more than 8 deep (7 deep interior). It's tough to get to stuff otherwise. I have a simple split level with two rooms (den and bedroom) at 6x8 and a kitchen at 6x6. That's the type of house I usually go for. Jimmy (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.town)

  Re: A new castle babe!!! (and a weird knight)

(...) the (...) face). (...) -- (...) but (...) like (...) build a (...) You's guy's must live in the Bermuda Triangle where all the new stuff mysteriously goes, We ain't got nuttin' down here in the South. I am tired of tipping boxes to see the (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rack and Pinion Steering and idea for precise angle of rotation detection

hm.... nice design. I tried to implement this to one of my robots. I think I have to make them bigger.... or your design smaller. And what do YOU do in your christmas holidays??? Stefan *pushing important work aside* The WordMeister (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  videos?

Have any of you ever tried (and succeeded in) making a video of legos putting themselves together to form one set or another? I would really like to do this. I've started by just finding all the pictures I can of pieces I'm going to use. Anyone one (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  my anouncement of a new lego auctionfor parts

This is an announcement of my lego auction called marks parts. This is my first action and I probably going to do more. I aution parts , but not sets. I need some bidders so email me at radescky@worldnet.att.net <p> My site (URL) I do have an ebay (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: What is a set, philosophically

(...) I always have fun when I buy a set from EBAY. Many times the seller isn't LEGO knowledgeable, and they may have assembled a set. I recently won a few auctions where the sets were 1970's sets. Among them I sometimes find Cellulose Acetate (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: "Cowpack" Dudes

(...) Here we go again... I think that I can id anywhere from 4 to 6 mostly due to helm and accessory changes (some seem to be duplicated in certain sets, others are only in two sets). The crossbow dude is only with 6094, the swordsman in bullet (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "Cowpack" Dudes

(...) different (...) three. (...) Gee, you don't think they'd like "Moo-Men"? :) (Actually, there was a computer game long ago (Might & Magic III) that had a evil cult of "Moo", known for its undead army... "Clerics of Moo", "The Undead Army of (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A new castle babe!!! (and a weird knight)

(...) Hmm. I can't tell. Dr. Kilroy is hoarding all the magnifying glasses. It would be cool to get another face based on the "pouty lips" face (there are two, right? The Pirate Wench/Islander Babe face, and the Ice Planet Babe face). But it doesn't (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "Cowpack" Dudes

(...) Well, according to Hugh's site one of the sets is the "Bull's Attack" I don't really know if that names ALL of them though. Chris (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Cats and pigeons...

I seem to have put the cat amongst the pigeons well and truly. I have deliberately kept quiet on the 2000 scans issue until now, but have been reading the threads with interest. First, let me state that it was never my intention to do anything that (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Eurolegofest

Well done Richard. Simple and straight to the point. BTW, Dennis Clark is from the US, while Franz-Michael S. Mellbin lives in Denmark. Horacio J. Peña from Argentina sent me an e-mail saying he plans to be in Europe next spring/summer and would be (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.org)

  "Cowpack" Dudes

Anybody here know the real name of the cowpack guys? Also, how many different cowpack guys are there? I can't really tell...but it looks like two or three. I think I'm most looking forward to them of all the new castle minifigs. (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Exploration Mars Available?

(...) Doug, In your speculation on the Web page you say (...) to >the motors via a shaft? Differentials? Worm gear boxes? They sure look like a standard worm gear box to me (i.e., 6588.dat / "Technic Gearbox 2x4x7" / Lego Service pack 5288 in (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  LEGOLand Questions

Last week my wife suggested that I cash in some frequent flyer miles (certainly have plenty of them) and take our son (just he and I) to LEGOLand for his birthday. After my initial surprise wore off, I agreed that this would be a great idea. His (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: External Power Port Problem..?

Jonathan Perret wrote: [snip] (...) Hi Jonathan ... yep, the 1.0 RCX can take AC or either polarity DC. The LEGO wall wart supplied with their train delivers 10 or 11 volts AC ... and works fine on the RCX. Have fun, - Nick - (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Space Shuttle Set for Sale at ZanyBrainy!

Thanks Alan (and Dave Madden)! I've been drooling over this set for quite some time but I could never get around the $150 price tag. So, I just ran over to the Torrance CA store (at Hawthorne and Sepulveda for you local folks) and grabbed one for (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Storm Troopers and Boba Fett

(...) could (...) I know! after making the sarchophagus there's really no excuse. It just seems so very OBVIOUS. The only thing I can think is that maybe that thin 1x2x5 is supposed to neatly slide into a slot or something, for playablity, that a (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Storm Troopers and Boba Fett

(...) Wholly (...) I was hoping it would be like the Adventurers Sarchophagus. That way, you could put a Han Solo minifig inside and he could be "Melted out" at the Hutt's palace. -Michael (URL) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Storm Troopers and Boba Fett

(...) Wholly (...) I was hoping it would be like the Adventurers Sarchophagus. That way, you could put a Han Solo minifig inside and he could be "Melted out" at the Hutt's palace. -Michael (URL) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  RE: External Power Port Problem..?

(...) Thanks for the pointer. I'll remember to try these. Oh, what rating would you suggest ? Maybe I just just measure what the RCX pumps at full power (3 motors stalled...) and use that ? (...) Uh, I never even thought of putting AC current on the (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: "No reply from RCX" with nqc...

(...) thank you (and bob fay) for your two responses. i have a sneaking suspicion that bob was right on with the curious battery problem. i opened my tower battery case and "re-seated" the battery. (and i confirmed it *was* in the proper (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Minifig question.. Swashbuckler?

(...) Loreena Mckennitt is a great singer and musician! The first time I heard "The Highwayman", it brought a tear to my eye. It is just so hauntingly beautiful! My other favorites by her include "Bonny Portmore", "All Souls Night", "Between the (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  wanted: 6273 Rock Island Refuge

I am looking to buy or trade for Pirate set 6273 Rock Island Refuge, either loose pieces or in box. I have numerous sealed sets from the 80's and 90's for trade and millions of loose pieces. I would also be willing to purchase at a fair price. (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: My thoughts on Dino Island

(...) not (...) year... (...) You aren't kidding! This looks to be the start of another dark age for me. Sleeping on the couch surrounded by legos while my wife hurtles verbal barbs in regards to my lack of self control. Start saving now! Mark (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: My thoughts on Dino Island

(...) I guess the ebay prices on vegetation will be soaring when these come out. I had bought a BUNCH for Amazon, and these are going to require lots more vegetation. I think some raised base plates (I'm thinking the 6278 set here) would add a nice (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Free Cloning Service

I have excess (ie some) Megabloks and Tente. I think Carbon60 likes Tente, so he can have them if he'd like, but does anybody coming to the Fest want Megabloks? Don't all fight at once! :) Richard (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: A new castle babe!!! (and a weird knight)

(...) yeah, she was over here at my place sunday night, and we were enjoying a couple of glasses of wine by the fire... meanwhile, back in reality: i just saw the magnificent "fallen angel" episode. one day i'll post pics of my xena & gabrielle (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A new castle babe!!! (and a weird knight)

(...) I'm pretty sure it isn't Gail Storm. The eyse are different. (...) It doesn't appear to be form fitting armor. It *is* a shweet new Plate Mail design, though. There may be an opening showing off some of her cleavage, but it could just as (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Odd sets in grocery store

The new Festival Foods grocery store north of 694 on 35E (Cty Rd E?, next to the Target) has four small boxed sets that are not part of the regular US lineup. I don't have numbers but they include: - 1094 Johnny Thunder (Adventurers) - 1097 Extreme (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  Re: Ultimate Collector's Series wish list

Ok, I just gotta know why that would be a mistake of any kind. If they did it at all, the model would have to better than the one they're releasing next year just by the virtue of having more pieces. Dave Jonathan Wilson <wilsonj@xoommail.com> wrote (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Novita', curiosita' e chi piu' ne ha ...

Guardate un po' qua (URL) poi anche qua (URL) con questo sicuro che non riusciro' mai a fare niente di simile me ne vado a letto Marco (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Benvenuto ai nuovi iscritti, simpatizzanti

Ciao ed un caldo benvenuto ai nuovi amici. Marco (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: My thoughts on Dino Island

(...) Certainly looks that way to me, which means I *will* be buying the big set- not something I normally do for any theme. Actually, it looks like I'll be doing that multiple times in the coming year... oww, my wallet hurts already... :D eric (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: LEGO Outlet @ Potomac Mills Mall is now shipping!

(...) Well, I got my 5840s today--and I'm way way happy! Thanks a million for even that small window, Buffie. best, Lindsay Frederick Braun (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Velux set 1854 available!

(...) That makes it sound like they want to sell 100s of sets. That's possible, but I'm not so sure. I think this would need to be handled diplomatically. If Sharmin is not set up to handle large numbers of orders, she might be overwhelmed just (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: My thoughts on Dino Island

Good analysis, Mark. Love the set breakdown. A few comments I have: 1. Vegetation--I agree, I wish there were a bit more. :) I want this to have a Jurassic paradise feel, not just to be a stony island with dinosaurs. 2. It would be nice to have some (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Star Wars Lego 40% off at K-mart

(...) ...and just to return well-intentioned pedantry, they in fact do scan 50% off the 20%-off level. ;) (...) I don't think they raincheck that freely, but I could be wrong. :) -LFB (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Dreaming of a European Legofest

Hello all, I like very much this idea, and would like to assist and help if my agenda let me to do so... I'm located in Paris, France, and my first name is Christophe. Wish to see my name in the possible attendees at (URL) talk to 2/3 friends around (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.org)

  Technic Scale F-14

(...) Jeroen's site, there are at least a dozen gears oriented in various directions! Just thinking about planning that contraption out makes me shudder... I could never do it... I'll stick to my buildings. :) Bryan (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: NorthWestfest reminder etc.

Liam Parnell <liamp@ukonline.co.uk> wrote in message news:FMGA6A.KM0@lugnet.com... (...) ROFL :-) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Exploration Mars Availalble?

(...) In the lego site: (URL) they write: ---...--- Name: Exploration Mars Product Number: 9736 Exploration Mars is an expansion set to the Robotics Invention System, which allows you to build robotic Rovers and equipment for a Mars Expedition. (...) (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Alte Sets - brandneu!

Hallo Manfred, das Zugset kostet DM 71,20, dann kommen 5 Mark für mich plus Porto und Verpackung dazu. Es *ist* die 7715, ich habe heute nochmal angerufen. Es hat mir mittlerweile noch ein Interessent geschrieben. Wer mir zuerst sagt, er möchte das (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: I´d like to see some house designs

(...) Tobias, look at Suzanne's webpage ( (URL) ) for some hints as to how to make 2 different town houses. They work quite well, except that the staircase misteriously changes direction in one of them... :) If you want some photos of one, I can (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.town)

  Set of four 8880 wheels and hubs!

Hi, I have posted a set of four 8880 wheels and hubs on eBay. They are brand new and have never been played with. If interested, follow the link below: (URL) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: MLCad wishlist (was Re: Ice Cream

Johannes Keukelaar wrote ... (...) The prog. always crashes for me, after the first picture. With a pagefault. Djelle alias Mogens Sørensen (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: I´d like to see some house designs

(...) I either need to get of my * and scan the pictures I already have of James's set up, or get over there with my new toy (see (URL) some train creations captured by my new toy). James - I may be going to Zany Brainy tomorrow evening, will you be (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.town)

  Re: My thoughts on Dino Island

(...) Yes I did, thanks for asking. I finally got word that the Construction Site had some and recieved it a couple of weeks ago. (...) Some of the traps are kind of stupid, IMHO, but I think some of them are really neat. Plus, the thing I really (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  RE: Exploration Mars Availalble?

You are asking: (...) I think those are worm gear boxes. There's a worm gear sitting on the axle that runs through the top, connected to the motor. It drives another gear that sits below it. Not a new Lego part. Tilman (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: A new castle babe!!! (and a weird knight)

Anybody seen Xena Warrior Princess lately?????? -Nick Steve Bliss wrote in message <8thPOAILDokZwCUfsfS...ax.com>... (...) <snip> (...) idea -- (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  There's still time to come to the fest

Yes folks, there's still time. Phil Travis has just told me he'll be coming, so if there are any waverers out there, come on down! You'll get to meet all your favourite UK AFOL heroes and villains :-) And see more LEGO in private hands than most (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Maryland cookies lego promo

(...) I often wonder why they have to say this? (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Eurolegofest

(...) Yep - Todd very kindly offered to do this to enable us to organise our fledgling UKLUG and other UK information! (...) :) It's got a new page: (URL) that both links carry the same information - the new page is just embedded into the original (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.org)

  Re: GMLTC shirt sighting...

(...) This could be the start of a new LUGNET pastime: 'Locate Larry'. Everybody, be on the lookout for the guy in the GMLTC shirt! You never know when he might be in your town! See another Larry sighting: (URL) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  FS or FT: Space Mini Figs and Mini Fig Pieces

These are mostly from the 80's. Take a look at what I have at: (URL) can send you a space want list. Jerry Hill ghill@execpc.com (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: I´d like to see some house designs

(...) One of my favorite house designs is set #376. This house is built on two baseplates with a hinge mechanism to display it either as a side-by-side duplex or as a 4-sided home. Very nice! I'm planning on building a few more buildings similar to (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Light seeker?

(...) I work mostly in LINUX as you must from your handle but have had to move to W95 for RIS work. If you using LINUX to talk to your robot, what are you using to interface to the IR transmitter/receiver? Best, Ralph deal@kzoo.edu (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGO Outlet @ Potomac Mills Mall is now shipping!

(...) Darn. Well, a heartfelt thanks for trying, Buffie. I'm sure you, at least, understand the market potential that exists here. I hope you didn't get in too much trouble for being responsive to customers. (sorry if that sounded too cynical - I (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Choosing a Digital Camera/New Photos Up

(...) I'm not sure I have anything worthy of being vaunted yet, but if you haven't seen it yet, I do have some creations up now at: (URL) Incidentally, I went out and popped $20 on a tripod. It does make a WORLD of (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Extra Endor Lukes

OK, they are claimed. Those who are to recieve the figs have been notified via email. For those who didn't make it, I *may* be buying more Speeder Bikes tonight (just to up my collection to 12 bikes--I *really* like the Speeder Bikes), in which case (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: This dropped out of the papers this weekend...

We used to have a 4 stage Christmas. Stage one was Christmas Eve at my aunts with my mother's side of the family. After it reached the point that there were more than about 5 or 6 kids in my generation, we stopped giving everyone presents, and all (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Velux set 1854 available!

(...) they (...) as I (...) 5+ of (...) Tom, you should communicaite this to your contact and let them know that they could easily sell 100 or more sets just through one posting to LUGNET. Paul S (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: My thoughts on Dino Island

(...) helpful (...) post (...) Hey there Jonathan! Glad to have your thoughts posted here. Did you get your 5909 set yet? Hope so. (...) from (...) set (...) I always liked the traps as well, though many post up on how annoying they are. Overall do (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Star Wars Lego 40% off at K-mart

(...) I was prepared to have the checker tell me that both sales couldn't apply at the same time, but the sets I bought rang up automatically with both the 20% discount and the buy-one-get-one-50%-off sales. So no fast-talking was necessary! (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Exploration Mars Availalble?

(...) Too true Mario, but, Pitsco is usually scalpers, er, educational prices so it kind of hurts to buy from them. Not all of their stuff is, just anything that I'm interested in... DLC (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hello all

West Jordan (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ut)

  Re: LEGO Outlet @ Potomac Mills Mall is now shipping!

(...) Sounds like Buffie got the her wrist slapped from on high for not following the corperate game plan. Oh well, she tried. Steve (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: New Technic Figure scale P-51 Mustang

(...) There might've been a gremlin in the engine compartment...with a stupid grin and a big T on his shirt... Adrian (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Sneak Preview of my train creations

I like the box. The tank takes what I did with my tank to a ridiculous extreme but looks good! The engine, well... Kinda euro, thus beneath me. :-) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Piezo Rate Gyro and HB

Hi Jan good job. I've done exactly the same thing :)))) I only use some assembler code to measure the time. In fact I have some code, that lets you measure a frequency or a pulsewidth ranging from about 30 Hz to 30kHz. If anyone wants the code (i've (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Considering parting out 2 4561s

(...) Thanks for the info, Troy. Unfortunately, I don't see anyone selling just the windows. Anybody want interested in selling me 50 4x4 windows from 4561? Michae (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: I´d like to see some house designs

How small? 14*6 studs? 20*30? And what do you have on the inside? Nothing? A bed, a table and a flower, computer etc.? A complete house with a kitchen, stairs, beds for all, bathroom and two toilets? I think I should build one-story houses, about (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.town)

  Re: This dropped out of the papers this weekend...

(...) In the United States, it seems that most people wait until Christmas morning. I know I always did. It was a matter of forcing yourself to go to sleep at night and trying not to wake up too early, because you knew that your parents wouldn't get (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is a set, philosophically

(...) Obviously, if legos ever become as valuable as collector's pieces as say Barbie and GI Joe from the 50's and 60's, it would help if they were still in an unopened box, with everything complete. Other than that, I agree with Sybrand, that as (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

Skipped 13 messages in groups lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact