 LEGOLAND / California / 39
38  |  40
Subject:
LEGOLand Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 21:04:11 GMT

Last week my wife suggested that I cash in some frequent flyer miles
(certainly have plenty of them) and take our son (just he and I) to LEGOLand
for his birthday.  After my initial surprise wore off, I agreed that this
would be a great idea.

His birthday is January, historically one of my worst travel months of the
year.  My plan is to buy a couple of tickets from Shop @ Home and give them
to him on his birthday.  We will actually travel to Carlsbad sometime in the
spring, possibly early March time frame.  So, a couple of questions:

1)  Which airport is closer (time wise, not distance), San Diego or Orange
County.  I have been to both and my sister used to live in Carlsbad so I am
guessing Orange County since that is where I flew in and out of when I
visited her.

2)  I am planning on going mid-week to avoid crowds.  Are there still
crowds?  When is spring break for school kids in Southern California?  I
don't want to go that week!

3)  I read that you can visit a second day for $4 if you purchase it before
leaving.  Is this still valid?

4)  Is there a particular hotel people recommend?  One that is child
friendly would be ideal.

5)  How far from LEGOLand is the San Diego Zoo?

Thanks,

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh