 Robotics / 8892
Re: Rack and Pinion Steering and idea for precise angle of rotation detection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 21:28:29 GMT

hm.... nice design.
I tried to implement this to one of my robots. I think I have to make them
bigger.... or your design smaller.

And what do YOU do in your christmas holidays???

Stefan *pushing important work aside*

The WordMeister <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
01bf40fd$f88c21a0$2a01a8c0@wordsmth.ici.net...
I finally threw together my own Lego MindStorms site.
www.wordsmithdigital.com/mindstorms/

On it (http://www.wordsmithdigital.com/mindstorms/rack-and.htm) is a scan
and detailed description of my (at last) finally-successful implementation
of a rack-and-pinion type of steering mechanism that will allow programs • to
determine the wheel position using only one touch sensor and _no_ rotation
sensors.

This may also be of interest to those wanting to develop more precise
rotation-measuring assemblies, or for those who need to measure angle of
rotation without owning the official rotation sensor.

--Doug Wilcox

WordSmith Digital Document Services
403 VFW Drive
Rockland, MA 02370

781-871-6162
fax 781-871-6264
http://www.wordsmithdigital.com
ICQ# 24868783

- Web design (including e-commerce)
- Searchable Digital Documents on CD
- Desktop Publishing - Design - Scanning
- Computer/Software Consulting (Technical Wizardry)
- Computer Demons Exorcised
- Officially Registered in Dogbert's New Ruling Class