 Robotics / 8891
Re: Exploration Mars Available?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 21:04:25 GMT

The WordMeister wrote:

I've done some editing (zooming and brightening) on the Lego-supplied photo.
Results/speculation are at
http://www.wordsmithdigital.com/mindstorms/mars.htm

Doug,

In your speculation on the Web page you say

What about the two rectangular-solid, partly-hollow thingies that are connected
to >the motors via a shaft? Differentials? Worm gear boxes?

They sure look like a standard worm gear box to me (i.e., 6588.dat / "Technic
Gearbox 2x4x7" / Lego Service pack 5288 in Europe ).

Cheers

JP