 Robotics / 8902
Re: Rack and Pinion Steering and idea for precise angle of rotation detection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 00:25:36 GMT

On Dec. 09 99, 13:52 PST, "dave madden" <dhm@mersenne.com> wrote:

I just looked at your pictures, and I wonder if the way you've
got the final axles mounted (1x2 gray 2-hole beam, studs into side
of 1x6 yellow 5-hole beam) is OK.  I seem to recall reading somewhere
that the parts fit that way, but that the mating caused deformation
of either the studs or the holes if left for a long time.

I wonder what a long time is.

I've had bricks connected this way in a model for several years
now, and the bricks still fit with other bricks just fine.

---
Chris Osborn                      FozzTexx Enterprises
707 226 7629 - Voice              2136 Coronado Ave.
707 581 1797 - Fax                Napa, CA 94559
<fozztexx@fozztexx.com>           <http://www.fozztexx.com/>