 General / 11600
11599  |  11601
Subject:
Year 2000 Surprise
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 21:46:54 GMT

I have seen several posts how TLC wanted to keep the new sets a "surprise."
I also know that there is a belief that is widely held that we, AFOLs, are
not the target for that surprise. (Now if they offered train service packs
that would be a surprise targeted at us.) So basically just don't tell you
son, daughter, niece, nephew, or anyone under the age of X (maybe 13 or 16)
about the new sets. No harm, no foul.

Now this is just and observation, and a bit tongue in cheek, but is there
anyone out there that is disappointed because the surprise is ruined. Not
me. I am actually cutting my Christmas spending in half so I can buy bunches
of the new stuff next year (again a bit of sarcasm.)

My point is we ruined a surprise that wasn't meant for us so keep your
mouths shut and don't tell the 2-3, 3-8, 8-12, or 12-16 year old kids. (No
offense to the 16 and under crowd.) Of course feel free to continue
discussing it on Lugnet, after all we are all Adults here. <g>

-Nick