 Adventurers / 598
Re: My thoughts on Dino Island
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 18:57:57 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Mark Lindsey writes:

Hey there Jonathan!  Glad to have your thoughts posted here.  Did you get your
5909 set yet?  Hope so.

Yes I did, thanks for asking. I finally got word that the Construction Site had
some and recieved it a couple of weeks ago.

I always liked the traps as well, though many post up on how annoying they
are.  Overall do you think the line will do well in comparison to the other
two Adventurer subthemes?  I think it will do far better than the Amazon theme
and may out do the Egyptian one as well.  As AFOLs we may not see the cash cow
potential of lego dinosaurs.  These things could be so popular with the kids
that they will last ten years.  How many Dr. Kilroys would I have then?  Yikes.

Cheers,
Mark

Some of the traps are kind of stupid, IMHO, but I think some of them are really
neat. Plus, the thing I really like about the traps is the fact that the legos
do something! I mean, granted . . .at 22, my "playing"-with-lego days are over.
I'm not going to sit around and act out scenarios, but I still like the fact
that once in awhile, I can go over to one of the sets and drop the floor out
from underneath Johnny.

As far as the success of the Dino line, I feel that it will outsell the Amazon
theme, definitely. I also have to agree with Mark that kids are going to love
the dinos. I feel that this will be a good bridge for those kids that are
getting a little old for Duplo and want to approach system. But the Dr.
Kilroy's are getting annoying. Just for fun, the other day, I stood all my
adventurer mini-figs up in a line. What a weird sight -- 12 Johnnies, 3 of
those women, in each outfit (whatever her name is), 6 Dr. Kilroys . . ..

-Jonathan