 Adventurers / 608
Re: My thoughts on Dino Island
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 01:14:00 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Paul Davidson writes:

I guess the ebay prices on vegetation will be soaring when these come out. • I
had bought a BUNCH for Amazon,  and these are going to require lots more
vegetation.  I think some raised base plates (I'm thinking the 6278 set • here)
would add a nice touch as well.

Bummer -- I'm *still* bidding on vegetation to supplement my Amazon lego. :)
I need a whole jungle...two now.  Plus I'm trying to make a forest for my
Forestmen.  Yikes!

It's one of those elements you can't have enough of.

2.  It would be nice to have some more normal minifigs as the "grunts" • that
help run the dino lab, wrangle dinosaurs, etc.  This is a big operation,
after all.

I think that the scientists from the new space sets would fit the bill for
genetics researchers.  Some of the Wild West minifig elements along with
Adventurer elements might work for dino wranglers.  Beyond that what did • you
have in mind?

I hadn't really thought of much, yet.  Maybe some outback figs.

That is a good idea.

To which
new space sets are you referring?

The town space center thing-a-ma-bobs.  You know the training center and the
pseudo-shuttle, etc. etc.?

3.  Another "camping out" set with tents and stuff would be nice (like • that
one from the Egyptian subtheme) -- I doubt Johnny & Co. are staying at • the
Lost Island Hotel.

I don't know about that.  The 5920 car would look good pulling out of the • Lost
Island Hotel. ;-)

I wish the Baron or some of Johnny's other competition had their own racer.

Wish, wish, wish, I sound like a whiner.  In actuality, I love this new
subtheme.

Paul Davidson

There's no hope in wishing.  Especially now that TLC is officially listening.

Cheers,
Mark L