 Adventurers / 596
Re: My thoughts on Dino Island
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 17:35:46 GMT

Hi everyone. I'm relatively new to .adventurers. I've only really posted once,
in the past, trying to find set 5909 (which everyone here was extremely helpful
with . . .thanks!). Anyway, seeing as how Mark wanted input, I figured I'd post
again . . . .

As far as the new Dino Island sets, I have to admit, they run the spectrum from
good to bad. The cargo-type plane is awesome. That mini-helicopter sucks. I
have to think that the sets are better than the amazon, for the most part,
though. However, the Egyptian theme is still my favorite. The Bi-Wing baron set
is what pulled me out of my dark ages. One of the things I am disappointed in
with the new dino sets is the lack of "traps" that you saw in the previous two
releases. Obviously, they'd be out of place in these sub-theme(?) with no real
treasures, but still I like them. Anyway . . . just my thoughts on the issue.

-Jonathan