 Trains / 26535
Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 23:08:03 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Barnes wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Jason J. Railton wrote:
   And it also makes a small engine impossible. This is for kids, right? Kids who are supposed to grow up with Duplo Thomas?
Agreed! I posted earlier that this 30 stud base totally wipes out all those cool Thomas and little trolley models. (Which, incidently, are amongst the most popular items we (LUCNY) run around the tracks at shows per visitor requests.) Even the Hogwarts model will not be able to be replicated with the new system!

JB

When I was at Legoworld, I soon learned that if I wanted the kids to crowd around I only had to run my green and red Percy with a small matching orange wagon:
PercySaxa Salt Wagon
Chasing the Rocket and/or Penydarren around the same track:
Rocket Penydarren

And if I wanted the screaming hordes to go away and leave me to enjoy my precious bag of chilli rice crackers(i) in peace, I ran my best feature-packed BR Class 50 with a train of authentic heavy hoppers:
BR Class
50Heavy Hopper
WagonHeavy Hopper
WagonHeavy Hopper Wagon
...and they all vanished.

That’s five minutes of market research LEGO can have for nowt.

Jason Railton

i You try finding spicy food in the Netherlands. There isn’t even a word for it!