 Trains / 26446
26445  |  26447
Subject:
Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 12:59:29 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi all!

Jan Beyer has shown us parts of the new train System in Frechen/Germany.

Just some unassortet aspects and informations.

- The track is full plastic as already seen.
- The train base is 32 studs long and contrains IR recievers on both sides and
battery box (included and not removable).
- the train motor has plastic wheels.
- the wheels show spokes on their faxe sides and have technik axle holes.
- the motor has special technic axle holes (nearly with cylindrical bore: so
they have a "slip-under-overload-effect")
- no new track radius is planned (so far) as Jan mentioned
- the engine needs 6 pieces of small standard batteries => still a 9V system
- the control panel (made for lefthanded kids as it seemed to us) has only 4
knobs and a frequency switch.
knob 1: signal horn (in panel)
knob 2: stop
knob 3: pos. accelleration  (speed up or break rearwars drive)
knob 4: negative. accelleration (break or speed up backwarts)

The frequency switch allows to choose betweeen 3 frequencies or controls all 3
frequencies at one time. I ask myself, what would happen if any of my three
nephews wanted to own a second train....

Kind Regards,

Ben

P.s.: the new mindstorms system got presented as well (even photos were allowd).
The mindstorms fans where really exited and positive against the system. I have
no idea about the old mindstorms so I cannot tell anything about improovements
now....