 Trains / 26469
Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 10:23:49 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Holger Matthes wrote:
Hi all!

I also saw the new train system during our show in Frechen/Germany last weekend.
I'd like to add some more information.

- The motor has the same size then the normal 9V train motor. The only
difference is the hole for the technic axle.
- The decorative side pieces for the motor are a slightly different. There is a
cut out for the technic axle.

That would explan the black dots on the side pieces noticed in
http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/euroforum/uploads/post-9-1136399629.jpg (and
the black wheels) pity that they didn't they add another axlehole to allow for 6
wheels if wanted.

- The battery/IR-unit is connected with a standard 9V cable to the motor. I
assume that you can connect a separate cable for train lights also to the
battery/IR-unit.

SNIP

BBB wheels might be connected directly to the new motor (hope that works).

Something that hadn't occured to me before, but yes, that would be cool.
Presumably as the system uses the standard electrical cables a technic motor
could be used to power BBB wheels too?

Kind regards,
Holger

Tim