 Trains / 26455
Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 23:03:52 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote:

[SNIP]

thank you for the info ben!

i have a couple quick questions i hope you don't mind.

is there any info on a release date?
the wire that goes to the motor, is that the same old 2x2 conecter?
i assume the battery box is on the bottom side of the train base, is this a
correct assumption?
is the base screwed together or glued?

pictures?????

thanks,
ondrew

Hi Ondrew,

picture taking was not allowed and we have respected this limitation.
Release date will be in september (as planned so far)
I had less than 3 minutes to have a view on the system. I have not demounted the
motor from the base (no idea if possible at all). And I have no idea about the
wiring - sorry.

The battery compartment opens to the bottom. The batteries are arranged in a
kind of plastic triangle: 1 on top, 2 under that one and three in the bottom.
So they reach through the base plate to the part which is reaching out of the
baseplate.
Imagine a battery box as known from the "light and sound system" and place this
box on top of a 30 or 32 studs long train baseplate in the very center. Next
build the bottom of a Santa Fe super Chief engine and place this under the
baseplate: then you will get something with the shape of the new system. All of
this is a fixed system: you can not shorten the thing or remove the part from
the center to the front or rear...

The "battery pyramid" is a subpart of very lightweight plastic. You fill it with
the 6 batteries and put it into the engine from the bottom.

BTW: another info I have not mentioned: the engine has - as I would guess -
4...6 speeds. At top speed it derails (the train we have seen, has been only a
train base but Jan had placed a metroliner on top of it. Since the ML is 28 long
the thing looked quite odd....

Kind Regards,

Ben