 Trains / 21448
Re: Draft of a new driver wheel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 18:49:49 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard “Ben” Beneke wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Reinhard “Ben” Beneke wrote:

   11.) center stud with Legologo
not at all essential (imho)

But it would be really nice in case the wheel is from a third party: it gives a more legoish feeling and increases the acceptance(imho).

A third party wheel CLEARLY could NOT have the LEGO logo on it... so your solution of sizing an opening to let the user insert a 1x1 round plate (and thus having the logo on there if they wish) is absolutely brilliant. It ALSO leaves the door open to someone building an outside frame locomotive since the axle hole allows the axle to pass all the way through.

The more I look at this design the more I find to like about it.

++Lar