 Trains / 21485
Re: Draft of a new driver wheel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 15:34:42 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote:

How many train modelling AFOLs are there out there? Most do probably not read/post here and of course some won’t be on the net at all.

That’s why you’d need an extra pair of wheels to show people at train shows. Have a business card (or a link on your website) to the Bricklink store where ??? is selling them. Make it simple for people to get these, and I think they’d become quite popular.

And it just came to me that a wheel like this would look great on my keychain. Yea, I’m a geek... :-)

JohnG, GMLTC

All good ideas! Heck, GREAT ideas. The keychain ones could be the ones that got rejected for being poorly formed or out of round or whatever...

Pardon me while I dip into “fantasy mode”... Suppose LEGO themselves got behind third party efforts and put a link to the site of whoever’s doing this... (and to custom kit designers and to Little Armory and etc) Just a bare link with a disclaimer saying they had no responsibility. Would that be cool or what?

Never happen, but if you really want VOLUME (which drives costs down) there you go... that would be the way!!!!