 Trains / 21380
Re: Draft of a new driver wheel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 20:08:26 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard “Ben” Beneke wrote:

   My suggestion would be to just mold the counterweight into it, and make just one mold. Off the top of my head, I can’t think of a time I wouldn’t want to use the counterweight...

Well maybe not, let me change my vote then.

I think I have to agree here.

So, when can I get a couple dozen in black? *grin*

Brad said “no”. But there are other parties than TLC. Would you (and what about the other train heads?) ignore this design, when it would be done by a third party supplier?

I would prefer that LEGO do this. But if LEGO won’t do it, then yes I would go third party.

As some of you know, there has been some amazing molding done by Jeff (“Little Armory”) Byrd to fill unmet needs in the castle and space areas, and Jeff DID come to BF DC in August, and did ask trainheads what was wanted and I spent some time on drivers and rod geometry (Ondrew was in on the discussion too IIRC) and other stuff.
  • See also LA Question where Brad is asked about Little Armory
  • See the LA site to see examples of Jeff’s fine work... it’s pretty amazing (warning, catalog requires flash)
You’ve done some great research for LEGO, Jeff, or whoever chooses to take up the gauntlet... I hope he gives you a shout as this is well within his capabilities, IMHO.

Oh, and put me down for 2 dozen each in black AND red... gonna show those eurotrashers how to build steam engines, yes I am.