 Technic / 15755
Re: Informations on new TECHNIC element and color coded parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2007 15:37:30 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Stump Dunn wrote:

   Hey, I just thought of something. Currently, there’s some color-standardization in Technic sets- For example 15L liftarms will be dark bley, and 11L ones are black.

Does this mean that 15L liftarms will *always* be the same color? Or just within one set? I don’t mind if it’s all in one set- but the idea that certain parts will only ever be available in certain colors is a bit disturbing.

Tim i think you may have missed something and i offer my oppologies, being australian i find it very difficult to explain the obvious and my use of the english language is not as good as it could be. That said my use of the language may not be as subtle as it could be. Steve

Being as I’m from the US, perhaps my English isn’t as good as it could be... I was basically going off-topic. I understand your concern about certain parts being available in certain colors. But here’s my question:

We currently see axle pins in blue. Not black or any other color (the Tan ones are a different part, that’s why they are a different color). Does Lego intend to extend this to other, more general parts? Axle joiners are one thing, liftarms are another. Liftarms are weird and limiting enough without coming only in certain colors. If (for example) 15L Liftarms will never be produced in any color besides Dark Bley... that just suxors. I can handle having all of them in one set being the same color- as long as they can be a different color in some other set.

Clearer?