 Technic / 15756
Re: Informations on new TECHNIC element and color coded parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2007 20:21:07 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Timothy P. Smith wrote:
SNIP
We currently see axle pins in blue. Not black or any other color (the Tan
ones are a different part, that's why they are a different color). Does Lego
intend to extend this to other, more general parts? Axle joiners are one
thing, liftarms are another. Liftarms are weird and limiting enough without
coming only in certain colors. If (for example) 15L Liftarms will never be
produced in any color besides Dark Bley... that just suxors. I can handle
having all of them in one set being the same color- as long as they can be a
different color in some other set.
SNIP

Sorry for replying to post addressed to someone else.

Since TLC invented "studless" Technic, I thought they were trying to make
something like MERKUR (= metal construction toys, see
http://www.merkurtoys.cz/en/index.htm - click "Sets", then "Parts").
As everybody can see, the color palette for painted Merkur parts is very simple
- and it was even simpler, AFAIK from my sets from 80s/90s.

I'm not happy to see TLG "cloning" Merkur. They are two different systems, two
different meanings of realism: With Merkur, one works with real bolts and nuts,
real steel beams etc. With LEGO Technic, the realism can be seen in design:
color matching gear assemblies, color matching support structures etc. The color
coded parts makes any model look totally unrealistic.

Just my 2 halers,
Martin