 Announcements / 3514

Subject:
Informations on new TECHNIC element and color coded parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2007 11:19:07 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi,

You maybe noticed this year the existence of a new TECHNIC element. A cross axle extension (59443) has appeared and replace the old one (6538).

6538 :

59443 :

(inventoried as 6538c in Peeron)

This new element is simplier than the old one which is notched. This new element is cheaper to produce.

The 6538 has two functions. The first one is as an axle connector and is the common use. The second one is far less obvious but TECHNIC core fans know it is used in combination with the driving ring (6539) in gear boxes. Only this second functionnality needs the connector to be notched.

The 59443 replace the 6538 only as a cross axle connector and 6538 stay available to the set designers. However, the 6538 is now a “special ” element (it was a ” universal ” one before). As a consequence, it is now available to the set designers only as a color (tan) coded part.

Concerning color coding process, you will also discover in the months to come that the gears , the same way pins and axles, are color coded (in this case with tan, grey, dark grey and black). This coding is aimed at ease the distinction between gear’s size and straight, bevel, crown, worm and idle gears.

Regards,

Didier Enjary

Re: Informations on new TECHNIC element and color coded parts