 Technic / 15743
Re: Informations on new TECHNIC element and color coded parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2007 04:20:11 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jindrich Kubec wrote:
   Jason J Railton wrote:
   Lego - please stop. The majority of your customers do have a brain, and come from good homes with helpful parents and all that guff. Don’t make it worse for them.

Could the Bionicle be responsible for that? They use the Technic parts, and they infest Technic too. The age group is quite different to that of Technic...

IGNORE They’ve sold the parks, now they could sell the Bionicle... and bring the real Technic back >:-> /IGNORE

-- Jindroush www.kostky.org - For Czech LEGO fans.

Jindroush--

I’d like to see the colorization stop as well; I don’t like the loss of function but the “standardized” colorization...well...I’m really hard core: Technic should have remained “Expert Builder” here in the U.S., and gears should be gray, the bricks should be yellow and black, and a whole lot of other stuff.

Unfortunately, it’s not TLC’s fault that many yonug people have the attention span of a gnat, and that the “dumbing down” has to happen. It has little to do with Bionicle; it is more of the fault of the information generation. Problems need to be solved in 22.5 minutes, instant messaging is almost too slow, and their world is moving way too fast to get the chance to slow down enough to think through a complex set of directions.

As an aside--the more of those Bionicles I piece together from garage sale remnants and odd brick lots the more clever I find they become.

As for the “private” statement at the end of your post...

**grins**

You might wanna check to be sure you’re using the formatted text feature, instead of the plain text feature. While I agree with the sentiment (and I like the Legoland parks!), the sad truth is that the Bionicle line is what has helped TLC to get back into a solid position. Bringing back the real Technic (as much as I want it back too!)...

**sighs**

...is simply not going to happen. What needs to happen is folks like you and I working to find a way to get TLC know that we’d like the Technic equivalent of the Cafe’ Corner! In short...something for those of us 18 and older. At least it looks like the Nickelodeon licensing agreement has either expired or mercifully gone away. That’s a start, if you ask me.

And dear friends at LEGO, if you’re reading this...please consider the “adult” Technic thing.

Play Well and Prosper,

Matthew