 Technic / 15757
Re: Informations on new TECHNIC element and color coded parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2007 23:39:32 GMT

With LEGO Technic, the realism can be seen in design:
color matching gear assemblies, color matching support structures etc. The color
coded parts makes any model look totally unrealistic.

I see two side to this comment.
I completely agree with your comment about colour coded parts distorting the
realism of a set, however i believe some parts do not need to be produced in all
colours such as gears, hence financial saving could be made.

My issue is that there does not seem to be a clear distinction as to what
constitutes a standard part because i don't understand why a 24 tooth crown
wheel could be mistaken for a double bevel ?

Steve