 Pirates / 129
Re: My fleet is (emphatically not) bigger'n your fleet!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 06:53:35 GMT

Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

In lugnet.pirates, Richard Parsons writes:
Man you guys have some hardware.

My fleet is based on just 4 RBR and 3 AF.  That gives me the Agamemnon (4
centres), the Pequad (2) the something else (2) that hasn't made it off the
chocks yet, and two little AF based raider types.

Ah, but you are using Lego in a fashion more to the conception of what it
should be: build and display.  Wackos like Frank and myself are using them as
miniatures for gaming.  I assure you, my stuff doesn't look half as nice as
yours.

Nor does mine--for some reason, I can't build an attractive sailing ship.  I always
end up having to stuff a funnel on it somewhere.

And you could most certainly shake a thingy at my fleet of row boats.

Mine too.  And your thingy would most likely sink them.

Pictures gentlemen - more pictures!  My imagination is getting its neurons
in a twist over the sorts of port scenes one could create with two or three
1st raters.

My mother-in-law is getting a digital camera.  Perhaps I can borrow it in
return for fixing her computer.

I'm going to try to hijack my mother's thousand-dollar sony digital camera for a
month between Thanksgiving and New Years'--in the hopes that it'll be a mighty
spate o' building for yours truly.  I can dream!  I also dream of getting my own
"cheapie," maybe under $200 with insanely low resolution (352x284 or somesuch).

Lord help you all if I can get some (small) parts of your fleets under my
guns ;-)

Arrrr, you be not wantin' to be squarin' off wif me massed fleet.  Port Block
be doomed and me men'll have thar way wif the horses (Arrrr, they be a confused
lot).

_The Art of War_ makes that one of its central tenets--not the "manhandle the
horses" thing, but "don't hit them where they're strongest".  Wheel out the long
carronades and circle 'em with sloops!  Arrr...1588 all over again.

I can perhaps understand the horses--after all, there's only one pirate wench.

LFB.