 Pirates / 101
Re: My fleet is bigger'n your fleet!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 00:19:57 GMT

Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

Okay, this is *really* just an attempt to get the Pirates board over 100
messages.  This has a quantity is better than quality slant that is only true
if you are gaming are have a massive amount of display area.

Well, I'm afraid I'm #101.  Arrrr.  :(

1 Brig (Steve Jackson term - a bigger version of...)

Brig = Brigantine, a semi-standard class of warship (~16 guns).

Still lacking SES or BSB.  Sigh.

Someone asked:  Skull's Eye Schooner and Black Seas Barracuda.
My fleet is primarily post-1870; it's three Fluyts (truncated Armada flagships)
and an ironclad of the Coles Turret type (but not like HMS Captain--I can sail
this one in a breeze), made of four center sections and bow and stern of the
fourth Flagship.  I sometimes make another ironclad from the front and back of the
Time Vessel.  However, I've ended up making waterline predreadnoughts and torpedo
boats--any of which could lay my ancient craft low.  Damn the proletarianization
of the navy!

LFB.