 Pirates / 104
Re: My fleet is bigger'n your fleet!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 03:52:47 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

1 Brig (Steve Jackson term - a bigger version of...)

Brig = Brigantine, a semi-standard class of warship (~16 guns).

I was using it in the sense of the term as Steve Jackson uses it in his Pirate
Game rather than an actual ship (I know, a Brig ain't a ship).

Still lacking SES or BSB.  Sigh.

Someone asked:  Skull's Eye Schooner and Black Seas Barracuda.
My fleet is primarily post-1870; it's three Fluyts (truncated Armada
flagships)

Not tubby enough (IMHO).  Whenever I get an extra brown midsection, I can
return one of my CCs to its proper hull, which would release the red hull to
become a 1 center section Fluyt.  They had fluyts post 1870?  I thought they
were much earlier.

and an ironclad of the Coles Turret type (but not like HMS Captain--I can sail
this one in a breeze), made of four center sections and bow and stern of the
fourth Flagship.  I sometimes make another ironclad from the front and back • of the
Time Vessel.  However, I've ended up making waterline predreadnoughts and • torpedo
boats--any of which could lay my ancient craft low.  Damn the • proletarianization
of the navy!

LFB.

No ironclads yet, kinda late for pirates.

Bruce
(made it over 100!)