 Pirates / 120
Re: My fleet is bigger'n your fleet!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 18:12:20 GMT

Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

In lugnet.pirates, Frank Filz writes:

I plan on counting my fleet this weekend, but I'll try and make a shot
at it right now. I've bought a lot of parts, and haven't built much yet
(well, actually I have built quite a bit, just not enough).
Incidentally, if one is patient, one can get ships for reasonable
prices:

1      6286 SES (paid under $200 from SetZilla)
2      8285 BSB (paid $160 for one, $50 for 80% of another)
3 or 4 6271 Imperial Flagship
3 or 4 6274 Carribean Clipper
3 or 4 6268 Renegade Runner
2      6250 Cross Bone Clipper
6      6280 Armada Flagship
2      6289 Red Beard's Runner
3      6277 Imperial Trading Post cutters (1)
5      6493 Flying Time Vessel
2      ?    Viking Long Boats marauding from the land of Mege Bloks
3      5976 River Expedition
2      6560 Diving Expedition Explorer

I probably could also count  my 2 or 3 6057s. Also like everyone else,
more rowboats and canoes than you can shake a stick at, plus numerous
pirate rafts (or bits thereof).

I was figuring you either caught or passed me by now.  I keep seeing that
number of transactions marker behind your name on eBay skyrocketing.  With the
load of stuff from MA #12 I'm getting (and Auczilla X, but I'm not holding my
breath), I should be pretty much set for my current fleet beyond I could use a
few brown center sections and of course, the two big ships.  Shore
installations could use an El Dorado Fortress.  Other than that, I'm
concentrating on figures (just added 25 bluecoats, so hopefully I can actually
man those Caribbean Clippers).

You should see Auczilla X winnings pretty soon. I got mine yesterday
(that's why the 6289 hull set is on the "have" list and not the "comming
soon" list, as well as a 6280 center section, and a bunch of sails).
I've been seeing several lots of sails, and of course am still working
on figures (I need to count those also). I also need to count my cannon
and figure out how many shooting cannon packs to get from Italy (does
anyone know, does S@H have a non-shooting version of the cannon service
pack?)

I did get those black wide bow pieces from the Amazon Expedition from that one
guy, by the way.  Haven't figured out how I'm going to use 'em yet, though.

Guy in a generic sense I assume (if I recall, that was Julie Krenz). I
wish Steve would put up more pictures of his ships since he should have
a 10 wide ship made from those parts). A good starting point would be to
just upsize the 6277 cutter.

I really need to get down to the coast and check out what pirate history
is to be found (I live in North Carolina where there was a fair bit of
pirate action).

Not a lot of it here in Southern California (beyond the software variety).  We
do have mock pirate battles occasionally in Long Beach (I learned to sail in
Alamitos Bay in Long Beach).  Didn't they begin recovery of one of Blackbeard's
ships in North Carolina?

Yea, there's been some activity. I've been so busy lately that I don't
read the paper very thoroughly so I've probably missed a few articles.

Oh, your two Dark Forest Fortresses are boxed up in the trunk of my car waiting
a visit to the post office.  Look for 'em next week.

OK, thanks.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com