 Pirates / 119
118  |  120
Subject:
Custom Pirate Minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 17:43:13 GMT

I've created several custom 'figs for my Lego Pirates stuff.

1.  Extra Spanish Conquistador "Trooper"

Using the chrome-plated breastplate from one of the red-torso Spaniards
("http://www.lugnet.com/fibblesnork/lego/guide/pirates/minifig/conquistadors-1.
html"),
the spare Spanish helm from set # 6232,
any appropriate "head" (I preferred using the droopy-moustache
from Fright Knights),
the black Pirate captain torso, and light grey "legs",
I created an extra Spanish Conquistador.
Since I had bought a large number of sets # 6232 and # 6204
(clearance at Service Merchandise last year),
I had enough breastplates and helms to make plenty of these.

2.  Spanish "Captain"

I used (another) spare Spanish helm,
an appropriate "head", white "legs",
and the torso from the Bat Lord (from Fright Knights)
to make a senior officer for the Spaniards.
(I substituted red arms for the black.)

3.  Spanish "First Officer"

I thought that the grey torso w/ tiny red crosses
(from Fright Knights) would make a good doublet,
so I used that, along with (yet another) spare Spanish helm,
white "legs", and an appropriate "head"
to make an executive officer for the Spanish "Captain".

4.  Extra Pirate

I used the red torso w/ green vest
from the "Ronin" (from Lego Ninja),
along with black "legs", a black tri-corner hat,
and an appropriate "head",
to make an extra pirate crewman.

5.  Extra Pirate (#2)

(Those Star Wars fans who hate the Gungans may like this one.)

I used a surplus "Jar Jar Binks" torso,
with yellow arms and hands substituted for the tan ones,
plus an appropriate "head", with either black or blue "legs",
and either a red or black head-scarf,
to make a "bare-chested, but wearing a vest" pirate.

(I laughed when I saw a few days -- maybe a week or so, now --
ago, when someone else posted some peasants they had made,
one or tow of which were made from JJBs!
"Great minds think alike." :-)

6.  US Naval Officer

I used a blue Cavalry torso (from Lego Wild West)
along with white "legs", an appropriate "head",
and a black captain's peaked hat (either "reversed"
or with the "skull and crossbones" sanded off
if it was a pirate captain's hat)
to make an officer of the US Navy.

(I haven't come up with a good _use_ for this 'fig,
yet, but I still thought I ought to mention it,
if only for the sake of completeness.)

Let me know what you think of these ideas.

Thanks.
Franklin