 Pirates / 113
Re: My fleet is bigger'n your fleet!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 14:48:16 GMT

Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

In lugnet.pirates, Matt Morgan writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:

Still lacking SES or BSB.  Sigh.

Bruce

My fleet is made of

6  BSB
4 SES
5  Clippers
8  armada flagships

You certainly beat me on monetary value of your fleet!  It just hurts too much
to pay $200+ for a BSB or SES when I paid that much for four RBR.

I plan on counting my fleet this weekend, but I'll try and make a shot
at it right now. I've bought a lot of parts, and haven't built much yet
(well, actually I have built quite a bit, just not enough).
Incidentally, if one is patient, one can get ships for reasonable
prices:

1      6286 SES (paid under $200 from SetZilla)
2      8285 BSB (paid $160 for one, $50 for 80% of another)
3 or 4 6271 Imperial Flagship
3 or 4 6274 Carribean Clipper
3 or 4 6268 Renegade Runner
2      6250 Cross Bone Clipper
6      6280 Armada Flagship
2      6289 Red Beard's Runner
3      6277 Imperial Trading Post cutters (1)
5      6493 Flying Time Vessel
2      ?    Viking Long Boats marauding from the land of Mege Bloks
3      5976 River Expedition
2      6560 Diving Expedition Explorer

(1) 2 complete sets, one extra cutter (found a nice eBay lot of castle
and pirate stuff)

Parts Bits:

1      6289 hull set
2 or 3 6280 hull sets
1      6280 center section
2 or 3 6271 hull sets
many   6285/6274 hull sets (about 7-8 center sections)
2 to 4 5976 hull sets
many   6 wide cutter bits
many   4 wide cutter bits

Stuff supposedly on the way:

1      6277 Imperial Trading Post cutter

I really need to get down to the coast and check out what pirate history
is to be found (I live in North Carolina where there was a fair bit of
pirate action).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com